Welcome Back ATi

Faction

The Chairman
so after a few years of using nVidia products (last card was an x800pro from ATi) I went out and bought a 4850 due to hardocp's review of it and the awesome price point. I got mine locally for around 169 bucks which isn't bad at all!

Anyone wondering who has like a 79xx series card, this here is an awesome upgrade.

I want all Nvidia fanboys to post pics of themselves crying.

That said, it sure is quiet in the "Nvidia Flavor" section.

... just like all the idiots that elected Bush. Where are they with their banners and stickers and obnoxious mouths now?

We need a strong ATI and we need a strong Nvidia. For normal people, thats the only thing that matters. Without competition, us gamers loose regardless of who wins amongst the GFX manufacturers.

Its great that ATI is competing so well. Nvidia is still strong, which is also good.

Its good to have competition. I remember walking into a store the day the radeon 9800 was released..........ATI dominated so hard then, their were so many people there wanting the new radeon. ATI making a comeback was long overdue. One of the biggest paybacks is to the consumers cause hopefully that ultra low ati pricepoint will bring things back down in reasonable ranges again.

I agree. Nvidia has gotten way too cocky these past 2 years and their 8800 vista driver fiasco still leaves a bad taste in my mouth to this day. They need to eat a little humble pie for a year or so. I buy cards from both and am not a fanboy of either, but this generation of video card from ati is blowing the doors off anything nvidia has price/performance wise. Only a total idiot would buy an nvidia card now for those prices. A friend of mine bought a 9800gtx the other day and I couldn't believe the size of that monster. The 4850 I just bought is a lot shorter and of course less fat since it is a single slot fan solution but either way the 4850 is faster and smaller. It makes the 9800gtx look like an old dinosaur. Kudos to ati for bringing back the skills.

congrats to ATI/AMD, i am delighted that nVidia has to get back to the drawing board again.

... just like all the idiots that elected Bush. Where are they with their banners and stickers and obnoxious mouths now?

Wise words, thus quoted for truth!

so true.

I went from an ATI X800 XL to an NVIDIA 9600GT, but I may go back to ATI on my next purchase.

BAN this fool. :mad:

Wow, I am impressed with your trolling abilities.:D

Look guys, don't let this turn into another flame fest where everyone gets banned. We are all aware of the tremendous value in the 4800's, congratulations to AMD. Please also realize that those of with GTX 280/260 bought them understanding that AMD had an impressive product on the way. Some us had investments on high end and expensive SLI motherboards, so maybe we are fools for buying those two months ago. But ditching $400 to save $600 plus rebuild time and headache, just not worth it. If I hadn't had the investment, sure I would have grabbed a pair of 4870's. Different people have different needs and circumstances. Call people fools and idiots doesn't change that. And plenty of use who have GTX 280 will get 4870's for our other systems probably anyway like myself assuming the the 4800's look good in the future.

These threads get a little tiring in that horse is dead and gone to heaven. All the numbers are out, the information is there for all to see. So the GTX 280 is a horrible value. Two or three of them are still amazingly fast in just about everything, even Crysis.

I look forward to the 4870x2!:)

Nvidia needs some strong competition so they will pump out better cards with great prices.

last time i remember having an ati was the x300, that was when i just started pc "modding" and i was 15 back then and spent all my months part time job into that card. How happy i was to have had an x300. Then i had nvidia 7300, 7900, and an 8800gt. In two months time i will have a 4870. Going back to where i started :D im loving these wars!

We need a strong ATI and we need a strong Nvidia. For normal people, thats the only thing that matters. Without competition, us gamers loose regardless of who wins amongst the GFX manufacturers.

Its great that ATI is competing so well. Nvidia is still strong, which is also good.

the truth is strong with this post.

lol someone bitch slap this fool back into reality............

@ toddw

dawson-crying-thumb.jpg

You're clearly being an idiot yourself for choosing politics as a comparison. :D

Back