Weired hardware problems after overclock

After OC my Winnie 64 3000 to a 2151 mhz, which i think isnt to high, especially since it isnt getting hot, and OC my BFG 6800gt to 400 mhz, i need to reboot my comp sometimes twice, then my LCD kinda freaks out with a few little wiered flashes. I have reset everything back to where it was before but these things havent changed. What do i need to do to stop these kinds of glitches?

Are you using all stock cooling or are you using aftermarket?

Have you somehow messed with your refresh rate to something outside of what your LCD can handle?

hi, are you sure that your PSU can bring up the juice for your OC on the videocard?
I read some specs and the 400MHz OC isn't extremely high.(425 MHz is possible,stock cooling ;) )

Had some similar problems.Upped the PSU from 450Watt to a 650Watt PSU.
(you should see all the crap that's powered by this PSU.(airtemp PSU > 60°C/140°F)

Grtz

I am using stock amd retail fan cooling on cpu, stock cooling on VC and my motherboard is a K8T Neo 2 series. I also have a Antec true blue 480 watt PS

Try setting the AGP freq to 67MHz, that will lock the bus on my neo2. Also, are you using slots 1,2 of the SATA HD. I think they cannot be locked.

Back