• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Weird keyboard issue

Joined
Nov 1, 2004
Messages
47
I have the MX 700 duo from Logitech. Just today a strange issue began where I could not type after a certain amount of time, however, the media buttons never stop working. After a reboot everything works fine, but after a certain amount of time(that I have not been able to determine), the keys will stop working again. I changed the batteries in the keyboard but it has not helped. I also tried plugging in a standard PS2 keyboard and the keys did not work on that one either, until a reboot, then both keyboards worked again.

I updated all of my adware/spy/virus programs and ran them all with no results. One final thing I have done is to disable Window Blinds which I have been using for about 4 months now without issues. If the culprit turns out not to be Window Blinds, then I'm not sure where to go from there. Is there something within Windows XP that can disable keyboard input? One thing I noticed is that when this happens I have not touched the keyboard in a while. Could it be some sort of time-out issue? I can't imagine how something like that could just happen. Nothing major has changed on my system in some time now.

Thanks for any help.
 
Do you have a F-Lock type button for that? I mean that some buttons, like my F1-F12 keys have a lock to swap them out for different buttons.

If not then it sounds like a driver issue...have you installed the lastest drivers from Logitech's site?
 
I do have an F-Lock button, but it doesn't change the function of every key on the keyboard. When the keyboard fails, it's every key except the silver media buttons at the top. The other thing I notice is that if I play a game, like an FPS, my keyboard will keep working through the whole game, no matter if I play an hour or more. It seems like it only stops working after I leave it alone for a while. I will try the new drivers after the Window Blinds expirement.
 
Back
Top