• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Weird IDE windows slow boot

Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
55
After doing a load of testing I have found that when ever I use a second device on a seperate IDE cable it changes my Windows boot time from 3 bars to around 20.

Currentlty have 3 HDD on SATA ports and three devices on IDE

NEC 3540 with HDD attched as well, then on a seperate IDE cable a Plextor DVD drive.

Take the plex off and it loads in 3 bars, so though might be the drive priority. No luck tried all four settings and no difference.

Tried another DVD drive, same problem.

Tried getting rid of HDD, no difference.

Tried swapping the mobo ports that the IDE are using, no difference.


So why am I having 20+ extra windows load bars when I have a second IDE cable with a running device?
 
Back
Top