Weird flicker in Control after hour of play on 2080 Ti.

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello. I have an 9700K stock and RTX 2080 Ti Aorus Waterforce Xtreme. Temps of gpu 60C in game. Cpu lower. My question is. Today i played Control and after 1 hour my screen was start light flicker , especially on walls and stairways in game.Hard to describe something like this here:

I have monitor AORUS AD27QD So i disabled GSYNC and enabled again and no flickering. So why it go away? But after some time it will appear again. I must reset GSYNC OFF ---> ON to remove that.

Guys please. Explain me. Why disabling and reenabling gsync was removing that flickering? Thx

I use a Freesync monitor with a HDMI so Freesync it's disabled and I can't tell the difference when using my 2080RTX.
I wouldn't lose sleep over it if it's just one game.

Seems more like a monitor problem. The g-sync module in your monitor might have taken a dump.

In Control when i had 45-55fps. And in QUake 2 rtx when on screen had 49fps.But in QUake 2 i am not sure maybe i was nervous and i overthink that ,illusion you know.

So i disabled gsync ,enabled again and flickering gone. Any ideas why? Rma monitor?

Last edited:
The most recent drivers caused flickering for me in Monster Hunter World where previously there wasn't any.

I installed new drivers 445.87 and uninstalled 445.75 and flickering gone. So it was driver issue?

Back