WEI + SLI trouble

does it matter?
it being 7.5 or 7.9 will not change how fast you are ingame...WEI probably doesn't even take into account SLI/X-Fire

That's odd. I thought the 275 was supposed to be slightly faster than the 280, but with my 2x 280 SLI setup I get 7.9 scores for both graphics in WEI.

Also sort of odd that you're getting 7.6 CPU score with an i7 clocked at 3.4 GHz whereas mine at 3.8 GHz is a 7.5. Are you running HT?

sorry for the delay; yeah, htt is on. i am running at 3.4 on a stock cooler in a sff lian li case, so hard to push it further.

i'm not terribly concerned with the WEI score so much as i don't want it to be an indicator of unforeseen trouble. i'd rather have it right to keep it from being an itch in the back of my mind

my cpu score varies by .1 requently, though. you can increase that by dropping to 19x multi and raising the bclock, letting you raise the ram speeds. guaranteed to sway your scores and on my system, drops temps a bit.

changed the sli mode and managed to drop my gpu scores even lower, i am below 7.0 now. i changed it back to what's above and i'm still not breaking 7.0, heh.

i'm hoping there's a 'common knowledge' solution to this that i've just not been able to find via google

WEI is next to useless and AFAIK only bases the graphics score on the primary adapter (i.e. a single card). There was a "Post your WEI score" thread a while back and people with lesser hardware were scoring higher in some cases than people with better hardware. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Back