Weekend Wii Guide: 12/17/06

Don't forget if you grabbed the Toys R Us package deal for $279.99 you can do what I did and just exchange the copy of Marvel:Ultimate Alliance for something else.

Granted I had to go to Target and exchange it for Zelda but I'm happy getting a $50 game for $30 + tax.

I GOT ONE.

We started out around 1, went to the first bestbuy, they had 24 consoles and over 40 people in line. Second best buy around 1:30 had 24 people in line for their 24 consoles, and they taped off the line with caution tape after 24 and wouldn't let anyone else stay there. Finally got to toys R us around 2, me and my friends got numbers 24-28 out of 129. Now the tough part is waiting 'til Christmas to "get" it from santa.

LongShotHero said:
Now the tough part is waiting 'til Christmas to "get" it from santa.

Uhh.... if you are old enough to wait in line overnight you are old enough to not give a damn about that. :confused:

CodeX said:
Uhh.... if you are old enough to wait in line overnight you are old enough to not give a damn about that. :confused:

Haha, my parents made me get this one for my brother since he wanted it more, then I am getting mine after Christmas...So I have to wait to play it because it wouldn't really be a suprise if it was set up a week in advance

Congrats on all that got one, I still am waiting until I can walk into a store and pick one up, looks like I will finally have the money to buy one in January, so I'm hoping they will be readily available then, although if thier not no big deal to me as it means the Wii is selling much better then anticipated.

I got one, took about 10 hours. 12-10 at eb games

Needless to say i slept for 3 hours, got woken up by friends to play, and it's the most fun we have ever had.

Nintendo is back and better than ever with this thing.

None for me. CC guy said they should deliver more b4 Xmas.

He's like we have PS3's. I said no thanks. He looked at me like I'm crazy.

:p

I really missed the boat with these wiis. I underestimated the demand for these things. I think one of the biggest reason why these are flying off the shelves is the price. At $250 you really cannot beat it.

I listened to a lot of people saying there are going to be pleanty at launch and didnt bother to pre-order. Now I am stuck running around all of long island looking for a damned machine for xmas.

My story is much like the others today. I called all of the Gamestops and they said they were getting about 9 each. One store wouldnt tell me how many they had. I went to Best Buy and there were about 150 people on line, went to Target #1 and they had about 50...then went to Target #2 and they had about 40....granted this is at 6am. I waited on that line since they opened at 7am and at 645 they said they only had 15. Went to another BBY and must have been about 200 people on line there. I then went to the gamestop that wouldnt tell me how many they had....got there at 7am for a 10am opening. There were about 10 people on line and felt it was a good gamble. I didnt know that some people must have been in their cars or went home, etc cause a couple hours later all these people began trickling onto the line and I was #18. Long story short they only got 7 and I was SOL.

Now I'm looking on ebay to find one for a descent price. I'm willing to go 50-75 over retail but thats not looking too good right now. I'm going to try the Nintendo World Store on Wednesday as my last resort. :(

I don't really see the point in going 4-5am to try to get one, 9/10 you won't and you just waste 3-4hours of your life in the cold for nothing.

Guy who was in front of me today had gone around 4am twice already and failed, and just barely...but it was for his (17) year old son :p shit I was out there waiting for my own damn console for Christmas, but that shit was his today...he showed up at 8pm, which made me worry and I ended up watching TV and showing up at 10pm....3rd person didn't show up until 12am and he was being paid by a friend, but no one cared...he was funny as shit though.

I hope my Wiimote raincheck is fulfilled before Christmas :(.

I have Zelda, I want to buy another game though....cant really decide, everything seems kinda lack luster.

MrBojangels said:
I have Zelda, I want to buy another game though....cant really decide, everything seems kinda lack luster.

That's why I'm not so concerned about it.

If I get one I get one. Wanted one for the family for the next few weekends but whatever. If I get it, I get it.

two guys i know waited over night at one of our targets last night. got 18 in the store and they got number 17 and 18. They were pretty excited about getting them even though they they cant open them till xmas.

MC FLMJIG said:
That's why I'm not so concerned about it.

If I get one I get one. Wanted one for the family for the next few weekends but whatever. If I get it, I get it.

That's more or less my take. I know I could've gotten one had I got up at 3AM, but I guess I don't care that much. I know I'll eventually want one and it would be nice as a time passer for the 4-day weekend, but I'm not set on it until I see a killer game for it. The PS3's the same way. When I was in the Wii line at Best Buy there were still some left when the Wii's sold out. The thing is, if I get one now I'd just be playing Resistance FOM and hoping Tekken DR shows up soon.
Right this second I'd like a Wii, but it's not essential. For the PS3, I'd really like a silver one :p

if i didnt work every sunday i would be number one on line every day..

p.s did i not say i told you so with the best buys only getting 20? :p

Seros said:
if i didnt work every sunday i would be number one on line every day..

p.s did i not say i told you so with the best buys only getting 20? :p
? So, I could have went to another local Best Buy who had 46 of the damn things....but they weren't allowing lines, it was going to be a freeforall mad dash from the highway to the store when it opened.

Also, I get the ads on Friday too buddy, it wasn't secret insider information.

bro, read threads previous to thursday everyone made it out to be
and i posted that "memo" was taken back and they fixed the average number a store was to get was 20..

ahh f it who cares..

...hmmmmm i wonder if anyone is selling them on christmas eve....

I spoke to a guy at CC and he said the next shipment was right b4 Xmas... Eve??? :cool:

I'll make another post later this week..
maybe sunday is possibly for another Wii grab..

In the Denver area, Wal-Mart didn't get the infamous 16th/17th shipment everyone else did. I can only assume they're still getting more later this week. The only problem with that is that getting one there is sheer luck :p

Domingo said:
In the Denver area, Wal-Mart didn't get the infamous 16th/17th shipment everyone else did. I can only assume they're still getting more later this week. The only problem with that is that getting one there is sheer luck :p

Wal-Mart sells their stock on Wednesdays.

rohcky said:

You know this for sure? If so, I'll stake the place out (I live 2 blocks from one). Every time I ask, they play dumb and say they never know when they're getting them in. Either that or they really don't know :p
Beyond them, my only other shot is to hope I get chosen on Amazon...although 2 out of 31 odds aren't too good.

rohcky said:

They did that on the 6th, but my local wal-mart put out their Wii's this past Sunday morning. I know that for a fact because I picked one up. They said the Wednesday thing was a 1 time deal and that now they will be putting them out as soon as they get them.

Does anyone know when more are being shipped. I can't find one. I went to all the store listed on sunday and they were all out. Are there anymore shipment dates before christmas. lol

brom42 said:
They did that on the 6th, but my local wal-mart put out their Wii's this past Sunday morning. I know that for a fact because I picked one up. They said the Wednesday thing was a 1 time deal and that now they will be putting them out as soon as they get them.

My husband found one in a Walmart yesterday (Monday). They had gotten three of them total and put them out 30 mins before he arrived.

It is truly being in the right place at the right time when you're talking Walmart. :)

My friend got one yesterday at bestbuy..he said they had like 20 WII's, a bunch of PS3's and pallets of 360's.

Erasmus354 said:
Oh noes, some people want it more then you, that means they must be "lower" then you and thusly subject to your baseless criticisms of their character.

If someone wants to wait in line to get something that is their prerogative and they shouldn't be subjected to name calling for doing so. Also a lot of the people camping out this time of year are doing so out of charity, the want to get something nice to give to a friend, child, or sibling.
QFT...I am one of those "dorks" who camped out at my local Target for over 13 hours for a Wii, it ended up I more than likely could have gotten there 12 hours later because most people assumed that since there wasn't a huge line they wouldn't be getting any, but I still decided that I wanted one and dedicated a night to getting it.

5 days later, I also camped out at my Best Buy on Black Friday...not for something for myself this time, but for a laptop for my cousin. Is that still being a dork?

Back