Website Discussion

German Muscle

Supreme [H]ardness
Here is the current Mockup from the best graphics designer ever, DDigital. Please share any thoughts, questions, comments, or suggestions so we can get this dialed out and in the development phase. :D

Click to see more

Looks good to me. Not too flashy and a relatively clean layout.

I really like the gloss. Its clean and the color scheme of black and gray work out very well.

Well done.

Glad everyone likes it. After I finish up another project I'm working on, I'll hash out a simplified version for us to start with.

I'd like to contribute by writing to the site

I can write some fiery op-eds on the state of gaming :p

I like the layout. Very good on the eyes, and it's easy to find things on as well.

Looks good. Also, please add a link at the top (or somewhere easily accessible) for Servers, as that is all I will ever use the website for :p

You're actually going to just dump people in here? I may not know much about website design but that's a pretty jarring transition.

Yes, For many reasons that outweigh the reasons for having a stand alone forum. I have 3 vbulletin licenses myself that could have been used.

This was requested by Kyle.
This nets about 3 million times more traffic
Everyone is already registered.

I dont suppose there's any chance of getting support for a second [H] skin option that matches the hard gaming design?

I dont suppose there's any chance of getting support for a second [H] skin option that matches the hard gaming design?

I highly doubt it. The skin H is using now was custom. Having a custom skin made for this forum would cost around 600+. As you can tell its not worth it and i doubt Kyle would go for it.

I highly doubt it. The skin H is using now was custom. Having a custom skin made for this forum would cost around 600+. As you can tell its not worth it and i doubt Kyle would go for it.

You're on a forum full of people well enough versed in PHP, CSS, HTML and such...I doubt it'd cost 600 or more.

And if it DOES cost that much for a theme, I need to start moonlighting or something, making themes is pretty simple :)

At the VERY LEAST make the forum link come to the community sub forum.

Skinning vbulletin isn't hard its very time consuming. The website will go to this subforum

I don't like it when articles are placed side by side like that. It looks good, yes, but isn't very practical.

Name servers have been changed as of this morning.

Please use Arial Black for the logo font. The [H] is a registered trademark, so please put a little circle R in the corner of it.

Dear Kyle Bennett,
We have received your request on Wed May 25 08:05:02 EDT 2011 to update DNS information of the following domain names.
hard-gaming.org
Please Note: DNS Server changes take between 12 to 24 hours for .com and .net, and between 24 and 72 hours (standard Internet propagation time) for all other general extensions for the update to be completed globally.
If you have any questions, please contact customer service at 1. 877.381.2449.
We appreciate your business.
Sincerely,
Customer Service at Register.com

The metallic background, give a solid look. And yes it's very clean.

But maybe make it say. "Live [H]ard. Play [H]ard. [H]ard Gaming."

Or at least have "Hard Gaming." at the end.

It is clean, this is what i like, it is simple.. yet has flash where it needs it, the eye catchers are going to be the custom images made for each game / focus point

as Smart Driver said, the Metalic look gives it a "solid" appearance absolutely, which goes well with [H] over all theme.

i enjoy the shadow back drop on main titles, it helps in a subtle way to show a title or something important over the text to draw ones attention.

Its more than just a website and information center, its a representation of what and who we are.

Back