We need more [H]ard folders

DarkenReaper57 said:
Joined the team about a week ago. Checking stats is addictive, lol.

at first yea.. but after a while you stop caring and just fold!!!

FOLD FOLD FOLD!!!! or else... we should make this a legal binding contract.. you Fold or we take your computer away :eek:

Quick question...when you people say "x.x ghz folding for the [H]orde...", do you use actual ghz numbers for AMD cpus, or the PR ratings?

Kinda stupid, but just wondering.

Thanks.

DarkenReaper57 said:
Quick question...when you people say "x.x ghz folding for the [H]orde...", do you use actual ghz numbers for AMD cpus, or the PR ratings?

Kinda stupid, but just wondering.

Thanks.

we use Ghz!!!!!! (or Mhz ;) ) so my AMD XP-2800 is OCed to 2.4 ghz // I count that as 2.4 not 2.8

We use straight Ghz. I have the system in my sig, 2.5 Ghz, plus my PIII 700 at work, 700 Mhz, and my friend's borged system XP2400+@2 Ghz. So, I have a total of 5.2 Ghz at the moment. I also have a T-Bird [email protected] but it's not on much so I usually don't get more than a WU every week or two from it. It would be more but I'm never around it to check on it and make sure the WU's are uploaded. It should have a 236 pt Tinker ready to go though. I may have to have someone check up on it sometimes this weekend.

Just wanted to let everybody know. I just finished my first WU and got 155 points. I'm hooked on folding now.

Scheizekopf said:
Just wanted to let everybody know. I just finished my first WU and got 155 points. I'm hooked on folding now.

congrats!!!
Glad you are folding

Scheizekopf said:

you're hooked when you are thinking of building 2 new computers just to use for folding ;)

Scheizekopf said:

<Mr.Burns_Voice> Eeexcelllent! </M.B_R>

:D

what

"you're hooked when you are thinking of building 2 new computers just to use for folding "

ONLY 2, like I'm looking at another 8 or so to get to 24, cause you gotta have even dozens of boxen, right :D

I am sure someone said so someplace. :D

racercarl said:
what

"you're hooked when you are thinking of building 2 new computers just to use for folding "

ONLY 2, like I'm looking at another 8 or so to get to 24, cause you gotta have even dozens of boxen, right :D

I am sure someone said so someplace. :D

i only have enough ram for 2 computers at the moment (256mb each)

i'm getting my fileserver back up and running after the hd in it died. when done it will fold (very slowly) and be a dump for files i need to backup.

runt said:
i'm getting my fileserver back up and running after the hd in it died. when done it will fold (very slowly) and be a dump for files i need to backup.
is that the dual p-mmx? did you use the H>D> I gave ya?

DR_K13 said:
is that the dual p-mmx? did you use the H>D> I gave ya?

nah, i'm saving that for if/when i get a sempron proc and board for it (hopefully soon). i found a 6.5 gig hd around here that will work fine in it. and yes, its the dual pentium mmx system. already used finstall to get folding ready, just gotta finish installing gentoo (i wimped out and did a stage 3 install) and then put it back in its corner and it will be ready to run again.

I started installing gentoo, It was taking too long, So I aborted the install. It was going to take a day and a half, is that normal of that distro?

DR_K13 said:
I started installing gentoo, It was taking too long, So I aborted the install. It was going to take a day and a half, is that normal of that distro?
yes, but its nice when its done. emerge owns me :(

need boxen \

bump.jpg

just started up folding again from when I stopped may of 04

since 9-28-04 turned in 18 wu for 777 points
:D

fold on!

u=qb4ever.gif

whaddaya got a xeon in that boxen?

or are mine slower cuz my lappy's got a celery?

starhawk said:
whaddaya got a xeon in that boxen?

or are mine slower cuz my lappy's got a celery?

The problem is that you have a Celery. They just aren't very fast processors.

Ok guys I do agree we do need more folders. Here are some reasons to fold.

1. A family member has been diagnosed with cancer, or some other form of disease.
2. You want to help medical research w/o having to go to college for it.
3. You will meet a group of people that has a passion for folding, just like me.
4. You get to brag abit about how many computers you have folding.
5. Help the [H]orde slaughter the aussies for points in folding.
6. Get to tease a moose and shake a moose's hoof.

7. Get to know some people that will have the paitence and pc parts to build cluster servers in their basement, like me, then have them fold.

Well if you need more information about folding@home and or don't know what it is.

Any new person, please read at the top of this forum for the FAQ and Links thread for any info.

Well, after logging about 10,000 points for overclockers.com, it's time for me to switch to the [H]orde. 4.1ghz right now, and I'll soon be getting a new AMD mainly for folding, might run 24/7. I'll do what I can :D

phixt.teamNumber++;

By the way, there isn't any way to change usernames and keep your score, is there? I'm still folding under Barium56, the name I was using a few years ago

Sorry, new name means new start. But it doesnt matter....Welcome phixt!

Hope you can be at home here.

u_Mayhem33

just installed it :)

might do some of my older boxes up later

edit: girlfriends signin up too :D

lithium726 said:
just installed it :)

might do some of my older boxes up later

edit: girlfriends signin up too :D

Welcome to both of you! May your folding carrer be long and productive! :cool:

u_Mayhem33

Back