• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

We have the Aussies scared

They are having problems with the stats server again, said it should be back up in a couple of hours.
The article about it is on the home page of your link :D

 
this is what worried me

temp 2.jpg
 
mine is slower then that, and all my Boxen are OCed.
Time for more Boxen!!!!
 
racecarl said that the server is having problems. you are still getting credit, its just not getting posted yet.
 
I know you like this action. :p

I haven't had a chance to talk to my schools IT guy to b0rg their systems.:(
 
Yeah I just looked at my stats from that link at extreme overclocking, it is slightly high.

It had my future production set at a starting point at 2800 and pointing towards 15,000. I am now having my garden of pcs on 24/7.
In the basement is two duallys, but now I know it will take a long while to crunch proteins on my dual 500mhz p3 xeon. The other being a dual p3 866mhz machine and it is crunching proteins fine. Upstairs is my gaming rig folding with a p4 2.4ghz with ht, I have two future machines in the works, including the quad server I am working on.

It is a nice little garden of pc's for what I have.
 
it is what it is folks.

yesterday morning, I noticed I had two boxes without a connection dang, An AMD at 2200 and P3 at 933. Pisser is the 933 works its ass off for several days and then I make it wait.

I brought up a P3 1.0 yesterday as well. I gave selected the no time limit on proteins hoping they wouldnt give it monsters... I'd rather 10 points a day from it then hoping to get a 300 pointer done in time. I even have my two lappys working... a 233 and a 600 celery. We all know they aint getting it done fast. hehe.

We can only do what we can... Without more recruits, we may not get the ducky any time soon, especially since we lost two corporate level farmers. Financially, I'm at my limit with hardware for awhile:

Desktops:
2400xp-m @ 2400ish
2800xp@ 2200ish
933 p3 @ 933
1000 p3 @ 1000
600 p3 @ 600

Lappys:
233 p2 @ 233
Cellery 600 @ 600

Thats all i can do for awhile...
 
I am trying to recruit people, I have got 2 guys folding so far. In other sections of this forum, I say things like, wow thats a great rig, you should fold with it, etc ;)
 
i should get linux on my slow ass 433 celeron lappy and start folding on it
 
runt said:
i should get linux on my slow ass 433 celeron lappy and start folding on it
yes you should. I am going to borg a PII lappy tomarrow at work. It will meet deadlines ( barely ) :D
 
gettin a couple p3 933's and a 2.0p4. that'll bring the thanksgiving boxen total to 7.5ghz.. bringing the grand total to 27ghz :cool:
 
DR_K13 said:
yes you should. I am going to borg a PII lappy tomarrow at work. It will meet deadlines ( barely ) :D

if i can figure it out, i will set it to do the wu's with no deadline
 
runt said:
if i can figure it out, i will set it to do the wu's with no deadline
ya I was going to load it and see how long a frame would take, if it was too long I was going to go with no deadlines
 
Speaking of no deadlines, how would I set the Win98 (400 PII) boxen to run without them? I would love to get it to actually produce a finished WU...
 
NoXPert said:
Speaking of no deadlines, how would I set the Win98 (400 PII) boxen to run without them? I would love to get it to actually produce a finished WU...

i'm not sure, hopefully one of the more seasoned users will know how to. although it doesn't matter much for me until i can get the power switch on the damn laptop fixed :(
 
If you use the console version, when you do the config, change the advanced options and say yes when it asks "Request work units without deadlines".

That will get you the timeless WU's.
 
SmokeRngs said:
If you use the console version, when you do the config, change the advanced options and say yes when it asks "Request work units without deadlines".

That will get you the timeless WU's.

all right, i now know how to get timeless WU's. will have to get my dual pentium 233mmx system running again (one of the hds in raid 5 on it died :()
 
I never got that option when I set up the FAH4Console (Win98). I did choose the GAH core (?), as that option was said to use smaller units with no deadlines from the FAH forum. I am going to monitor the progress on the WU it just acquired, and if it is taking too long (5+ days/WU), I will terminate the boxen from folding. The last WU was not at 35% after 7+ days; it sent itself in apparently, because I got some pointage for it.
So, after all this, I still "dunno". If any of this seems wrong, please let me know so I can correct it.
 
NoXPert said:
I never got that option when I set up the FAH4Console (Win98). I did choose the GAH core (?), as that option was said to use smaller units with no deadlines from the FAH forum. I am going to monitor the progress on the WU it just acquired, and if it is taking too long (5+ days/WU), I will terminate the boxen from folding. The last WU was not at 35% after 7+ days; it sent itself in apparently, because I got some pointage for it.
So, after all this, I still "dunno". If any of this seems wrong, please let me know so I can correct it.


upgrade to a more modern client :)
 
I have succeeded! EMIII shows the WU to be "Time Limitless". And it actually processes and estimated end date now, too.
BTW, FAH4Console is the newest client I could afford! The old Dell just can't hang like mine boxen brethren below it in the basement. When I upgrade (read: get huge-ass raise), that will be most likely donated to someone for about $50. So, if you need a PII 400MHz rig, call my boss. JK, I'm sure it will hit the FS forum here soon enough.
 
The FAH502 console version works much the same as the FAH4 version except that there are some new features and stuff added in like being able to install it as a service without third party software. It's no slower than the older versions and seems to run fine on any machine that ran FAH4.
 
Congrats to the Aussies and great job always! :cool: Glad they're in it for Folding!

But I see threads like this and look at this Photo from NASA, that is also my desktop, and ask "why" ?

http://www.imagelink.org/id8883.jpg

I look at these two continents at night and ask; " why" ? :confused:
 
i saw we hack the aussies computers.. and change their folding settings so they can fold for our team..

sssshhhhhhh.... ;)
 
they ( the aussies ) have an installer program for borging. It goes stright into running as a service. ( so I hear ) I have a person on the inside ....shhhhhh. :eek:
So who here is good at coding exe. files? :D
 
I think we need to get some boxen down to Antarctica. Just think of the overclocks we could get down there on probably passive cooling alone. Just need a way to power them and a satellite connection and they'd be all set I'm sure. :D
 
RancidWAnnaRIot said:
i saw we hack the aussies computers.. and change their folding settings so they can fold for our team..

sssshhhhhhh.... ;)

Hmmm, another from the "if we can't beat 'em cheat 'em crowd."

Gotta wonder.

I'm sure most here don't support your approach, but you are the sort who gives credibility to the 'ugly american" stereotype.
 
ezee said:
Hmmm, another from the "if we can't beat 'em cheat 'em crowd."

Gotta wonder.

I'm sure most here don't support your approach, but you are the sort who gives credibility to the 'ugly american" stereotype.

you guys hear something>?
naa must be the wind.
 
ezee said:
Hmmm, another from the "if we can't beat 'em cheat 'em crowd."

Gotta wonder.

I'm sure most here don't support your approach, but you are the sort who gives credibility to the 'ugly american" stereotype.

Chill out dude.. it was supposed to be a joke....??
:confused:

You guys can't take a joke??!? lighten up buddy
 
Back
Top