We got passed :(

munkle

[H]F Junkie
I didn't see a thread about it but we got passed today I think. :( It was a good run, at least we beat evga to 4 billion, hopefully we can pass them up. Go team!

Still showing us with a 200k point lead right now, but it's happening today regardless. Took a lot longer for them to do it than I thought it would...

I didn't see a thread about it but we got passed today I think. :( It was a good run, at least we beat evga to 4 billion, hopefully we can pass them up. Go team!

thats because we all wanted to hide from the inevitable..

Yep, that we did. Just checked after the 7 am EST update and we are now showing in second place.

<salute>
Fold on, [H]orde!
</salute>

Was a good fight at the end there, and I'm sure you'll stay close behind us. :)

thats because we all wanted to hide from the inevitable..

Hide from the inevitable?????

It would never have been inevitable if they werent "renting" servers to try and beat us in the first place.

EVGA is a joke when it comes down to it, corporate sell-out system. Folding to them isnt a means of a cure, its a means of getting "bux" to purchase more crap with.

/end cynicism & tyranical rant & extra sarcasm

Hooray, were #2. :D

We may be the second team but we are still active and producing folded data for use in research.

Despite my personal feelings of the matter, I wish to extend a congrats out to EVGA for their new position. I would also like to warn you, that if you think people were scrutinizing (sp) your every move before, prepare to turn up the heat You wanted first, you better be able to handle the whole world looking at you, even if they dont like what they see.

But hey, today is your day (not yesterday like you hoped lol) :) Congrats, there's a good group of folders in your ranks, and youre welcome here anytime you want.

Took every bit of who I am but I didnt say one bad thing. Told ya I'd be one of the first to congrats y'all, and I kept it friendly too :)

But on the same note, I'd like to extend a congrats out to my brothers and sisters here. We fought em hard, an opposing force with resources we couldnt dream of matching, but we stood our ground, we set them in their place on the race to 4Bil, and we've kept them at 2.x weeks for nearly 3 months. Outstanding job guys, The community here that has risen us to where we are today and the no frills no bullshit path weve taken to get here is why we will always be the number one team in the world, and I'm not the only one/team who thinks that, so hold your heads high and fold [H]arder!!

Personally I dont think they will be able to hold onto 1st, once the excitement of the race wears off I think a lot of their folders will lose interest. I dont think they have enough that are dedicated to it like a lot of you guys here at [H] are.

We're No. 2
We try [H]arder.

we-try-harder-tvlowcost-australia.jpg

Competition is good for the project. But I really don't care what position were in. I'm going to continue folding regardless.

I'm really glad that both teams were able to ramp up production so much. It does stink that I personally can't contribute more. But it's been said. "Any folder is welcome regardless of the points produced"

With a community like this, we won't be happy to sit in 2nd. I'm sure that this is just going to cause us to push [H]arder and [H]arder.

Hide from the inevitable?????

It would never have been inevitable if they werent "renting" servers to try and beat us in the first place.

EVGA is a joke when it comes down to it, corporate sell-out system. Folding to them isnt a means of a cure, its a means of getting "bux" to purchase more crap with.

/end cynicism & tyranical rant & extra sarcasm
You're an idiot and you're marginalizing the massive amount of effort that has been put into this by the many EVGA folders who are actually dedicated to the cause. The only way [H] will ever pass EVGA again is if you take them seriously and treat them as equals rather than dismissing them like you're doing now.

Congrats to EVGA
Congrats to [H] for putting up a hell of a fight.

Fold [H]ard and well eventually retake #1

Is it time to dust off the rubber ducky trophy (aka relic's trophy) and hand it to EVGA ?

Congratulations for getting the #1 spot but be warned that we will try [H]arder to retake it !

Great job guys. You all really ramped up [H]ard and slowed down the overtake and now we need to keep an eye over our shoulder bc I dont doubt for a second here that you all will be pushing us from here on out.
Again Great Job

How long did [H] hold #1?

If the date is accurate, we took #1 from OCAU on 12/31/2005 and lost it today, which make us the #1 holder for 1746 days (4 years, 9 months and 12 days).

If the date is accurate, we took #1 from OCAU on 12/31/2005 and lost it today, which make us the #1 holder for 1746 days (4 years, 9 months and 12 days).

This is pretty impressive since F@H just celebrated its 10th B-Day.

I am thinking of putting together a plan to get more Folders to come to team 33, possibly from other teams, but we needed EVGA to be in number 1 before the plea for help could work. This would include hitting them pretty hard on the corporate / paid Folding angle as well.

What do you guys think?

Well, I think this plan would work if we can explain the corporate folding angle well ;)

Just check the EVGA graph and the effect of folding bucks on PPD. This is a good proof a good percentage is motivated only by the EVGA Bucks program.

It was this time last year I went out and spent a few thousand dollars updating my Folding rigs to some more modern hardware. At the time evga was due to pass us in Jan 2010, but as it turned out it ended up taking another 10 months to happen. That's just a glimpse of the dedication the team members here have shown. This is a contest of years not weeks or months. Although it's unfortunate we've been needing to do it for 10 years now, let's hope we won't have to for another 10. The more bodies we can bring on board the better the chance it won't.

Kyle, I thew off the gloves a long time ago.

Bring the pain!

Congratulations to EVGA, as to anyone bitching about the bucks program....give it up. To EVGA don't forget to check your mirrors because well be right behind you flashing the high beams :)

Yes, there are rules lol. But it seems to be more of a grey area now as I have seen a lot in the last year or so that I didn't think could happen or would be ignored after the fact but alas!

I'm interested in learning about what Kyle has to offer. I'm sure we can work something out, especially since EVGA has been doing the bux for years and they swear that's nothing wrong, I bet we could get someone to sponsor a few give aways, just a few 460's would be nice.

1. Congrats to EVGA for taking the number one spot, however they did it. You have to admit that we had gotten pretty lazy. We have now had our a.. kicked and this will make us even [H]arder. Also, look at the amount of science that has gotten done in the last year. After all is said and done, that is the bottom line.

2. EVGA is kidding themselves if they think they can hold it without a fight. Even if Kyle is unable to get anywhere with his plans, they overtook us on the first of the month with their "bucks" folders going. If you take that out of the equation, they really are not outproducing us by a great amount right now.

Congrats to Team EVGA.

KILL THE BEAST!

We are all brothers and sisters in the fight against crippling, debilitating, and deadly diseases. For the Cure!

*starts baking more cookies and preparing more chocolate milk for the influx of new folders*

:D

Is it time to dust off the rubber ducky trophy (aka relic's trophy) and hand it to EVGA ?

Congratulations for getting the #1 spot but be warned that we will try [H]arder to retake it !
technically, the trophy says "for the OCAU vs. [H] struggle"

If you ask me, we keep it.

relictrophy.jpg

You're an idiot and you're marginalizing the massive amount of effort that has been put into this by the many EVGA folders who are actually dedicated to the cause. The only way [H] will ever pass EVGA again is if you take them seriously and treat them as equals rather than dismissing them like you're doing now.

I hope you saw the /end sarcasm at the end of my post...... I do not "dismiss" them at all, I know they put in a major effort into giving us a major run for our money, I am in no way "marginalizing" there efforts at all. I do treat them as equals cause I know more than half of the folders on evga through forums and other means and know that they are real and regular people. I do NOT appreciate your comments in response to my post because you obviously didnt take the two seconds to read the last part of my post..... had you had done so, then you might have gotten the "joke" from my post.

Back