WD Green WD10EADS 1TB $89.99 FS @ Newegg

Sonofabitch! Oh well. I like supporting Newegg, although not so much for HDD packaging.

Actually I canceled and ordered from ZZF. I don't wanna find my HDD at the bottom of the box.

hmm.....I have to think about this since I can't get around ca tax. and I just picked up x2 EACS 1tb drives for $43.76 each (open box @ microcenter)....

No, the EADS drives are still the Green series running at 5400rpm. The EADS drives have three platters with 32MB cache. The EACS drives have four platters with 16MB cache.

Damn I just bought 2 of these in the last 2 weeks...:mad:

Nice deal though

I don't know what you guys are talking about. :confused: I cannot complain about newegg at all. Maybe your distribution center sucks or something. :confused: the socal center rocks. My HDDs always show up wrapped in about 2"-4" of bubblewrap inside a fairly large box full of foam peanuts under, around and on top of the drive. I can't whine about tax either, I just consider it express delivery since my stuff always shows up the next day. :D

I've had drives come from other retailers with way less protection. Even the WD retail drives at BB aren't packed this well. Maybe you should file a complaint with newegg so they are aware of the problem?

I've never had issues with WD drives from Newegg. The one time I ordered a Seagate 320GB 7200.10 drive, it was as loud as jet engine, so I returned it.

But I did save $1.50 and may have better packaging. ZZF usually sends them in those foam enclosures. Amazon Prime's HDD packaging is beautiful.

I take it these drives are perfect for doing a blue ray back up, also will the playback of 1080p lag at all on 5400 rpm?

I take it these drives are perfect for doing a blue ray back up, also will the playback of 1080p lag at all on 5400 rpm?
Yes, playback of even full uncompressed bluray with DTS-MA will not come close to saturating the hard drive. Your network is a limiting factor, and even then it has much higher capacity than is necessary for playback.

bitrate of the video has to be greater than like 60MB/s for that to happen.
so a 1 hour video would be greater than 200 gigabytes if it managed that.

i just bought one off zzf btw. no tax, cheaper, and better packaging.

just hoping it isnt doa at this point.

Just ordered 2x from ZipZoomFly.

NewEgg taxes TN residents @ 9.25% sales tax... which makes all deals turn to no deals.

Ordered one as I am in dire need, wish I could afford more.

My WHS drive pool of 3.5TB is suffering at 99% on each drive.

No, the EADS drives are still the Green series running at 5400rpm. The EADS drives have three platters with 32MB cache. The EACS drives have four platters with 16MB cache.

Actually, all the current EACS drives that are available are three platter drives as well. This has been the case since the end of summer 2008. The only distinguishing feature between the EACS and EADS now are just the amount of cache available (16MB vs 32MB, respectively.). Suffice it to say, both drives are very comparable to each other and both are astounding deals when under $100. :)

Why are we even talking about EACS drives?

This deal is all about the EADS drives.

You mean like how ZZF shipped my 2 motherboards before I stopped using them?

You can get a 1tb spinpoint for $89.99 shipped

Not like newegg is any better. They shipped my motherboard, powersupply, memory sticks, and hdd all on the bottom of the box. On top were packaging paper that didn't even fill up the box nor cushion anything. My ASUS box and Corsair PSU box were all bang up.

Not like newegg is any better. They shipped my motherboard, powersupply, memory sticks, and hdd all on the bottom of the box. On top were packaging paper that didn't even fill up the box nor cushion anything. My ASUS box and Corsair PSU box were all bang up.

Ive never had Newegg do that with a board, but they did ship me some ram in an evelope that didn't arrive in the best condition, obviously. I just don't like ZZF's customer service. If you have any problems your screwed.

Hope your joking :) Samsung has been that price for a while.

i actually did order it. seemed good. i already have one in another pc that i bought for 95 a while back, but they have been near 100 as of late.

and having 2 of the same drives just opens up raid possibilities in the future.

How are these EADS drives when used for the OS drive? I picked one up and will be putting Win 7 on it, but curious if anyone else is using them for anything but storage.

These are storage drives. You do not want to put your OS on them. They're 5400rpm.

For your OS, you want a hard drive with high platter density and at least 7200rpm. I have mine on a WD6400AAKS. You could also use a WD6401AALS. Then there are Raptors and Velociraptors, and, of course, SSDs.

These are storage drives. You do not want to put your OS on them. They're 5400rpm.

For your OS, you want a hard drive with high platter density and at least 7200rpm. I have mine on a WD6400AAKS. You could also use a WD6401AALS. Then there are Raptors and Velociraptors, and, of course, SSDs.

Noted, I picked up a WD3200KSRTL to use as the system drive today, should do the trick.

Back