WCG Challenge 3

• Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
Are you entering that value in the "Use at most __% CPU TIME?"

This is what my daily rig looks like. It has a quad core processor and 2x 970 GPUs.

qJQrJfa.png

I have 2 processor cores running WCG and 2 processors dedicated to F@H 1 each for each GPU.

MAzwWEq.png

NspJ8qP.png

Also make sure under the Activity tool bar button "run based on preferences" is ticked. If it's set to "run always" then it will ignore those settings.

I only see Use at most ____ % of CPU time. I dont see a processor usage on Ubuntu.

I have the 1 rig set to 95% of the time.

I've looked around and I cant seem to find that for some reason.

EDIT: Found it. I have to go into advanced view for some reason.

Ah on Ubuntu. I don't use the GUI interface on Linux. You can use the cc_config.xml file in your users home directory to control it I believe.

This is an example of one of my Linux boxes.

cc_config>
<options>
<allow_remote_gui_rpc>1</allow_remote_gui_rpc>
<ncpus>64</ncpus>
</options>
</cc_config>

Where <ncpus>64</ncpus> is put the number of cores you wish to use. I believe this should tell WCG that you only have that many cores to utilize. Mine is set at 64.

Additionally, you can connect to the Ubuntu box via a Window box using the Windows version of the BOINC manager. That's what I do.

Skillz Giving CentOS 7 a try in a VM. Curious if it will let me run WCG and F@H for the GPU at the same time. I guess Ubuntu 16.04 has had some issues with it and I couldn't get it to run.

Plenty of posts about the missing dependencies missing in Ubuntu 16.04 across the interwebs.

I've only got like 21 more CPU days left on the SCC goal and then will be switching back to FAAH which I still have a goal to hit the 20 year mark on. I should have the 21 days within the next day.

We are closing the gap.
upload_2017-4-24_7-9-6.png

delta: 16,076
additional run rate gain required for 3rd spot: 2,679 results/day

PS. non rigid WU is now available.

Morning update:

Woot woot!. The gap is less than 2700 results. We should be able to overtake them by tomorrow.

upload_2017-4-25_6-59-34.png

We almost have TeamUK!!! Is FightAids@Home still the best project for output? I can switch my preferences if it is, for the last boost to get us to 3.

FAAH is fine if you are getting the non-Rigid work units. (no way to prevent the RIGID from downloading) However, OET and Zika work units are typically short as well.

lelliott731, I suppose this is your first active participation in DC challenges for a long time? Our team needs every help we can get for the upcoming 8th BOINC Pentathalon. Let us know and one of us can put your name in the PM list. If you can't that's fine. We respect that. No pressure buddy. Or if you want something easy (i.e. passive participation), you can join the marathon event (without running of course) and it is quite simple. Set up the project once when it is announced and wait till the competition ends within 14 days.

Very nice.

Can I be added to the PM list or do you have to contribute for a while before you're allowed to?

Is there a point difference from Rigid to Non Rigid?

What pututu was talking about.

I saw a bunch of non rigid being downloaded so I increased how many it stores and downloaded a ton of them last night.

Very Cool!!
I just joined and started WCG a few days ago trying to help this out. But I'm looking at the projects I have and had and they mostly seem to be Rigid. Should I just let them go or Abort them all? Any tips? Thanks and trying to help out :)
Sorry if the screen shot is too big
upload_2017-4-26_8-26-12.png

Yes increase how many it stores to 1 day and see if you get some to download. I got days worth of Rigid before a bunch of non rigid. It seems to come in waves

Don't abort...instead you can suspend the RIGID work units so that you system works on the non-Rigids . Then while waiting for more non-Rigids, work on the Rigids.However, that is a lot of overhead because it is all manual. So, if you are willing to babysit it a lot, you will see a large bump. Otherwise, just set it and let it ride.

Yes increase how many it stores to 1 day and see if you get some to download. I got days worth of Rigid before a bunch of non rigid. It seems to come in waves
i take it that's in the network usage for minimum work buffer and max add work buffer? I would want to change the max add work buffer to 1 or minimum ? :) thanks!

Work on the rigid until you see non rigid. If you see some download then you can increase your buffer to 1 or 2 days and see how many additional non riding it will download. That way you have them while they are available.

This may also be a good time to suggest everyone also attach to another BOINC project called WUProp on all of their BOINC clients. It is found here: https://wuprop.boinc-af.org/ and team page to join is here: https://wuprop.boinc-af.org/team_display.php?teamid=779
You may be asking why? Well it is a non-CPU intensive project. This means it will essentially sit in memory running alongside all other work being done without taking up any threads. The purpose of the project is to collect data on BOINC work units and the hardware it ran on. The results can be viewed for comparing hardware on projects and what data is reporting for things like Ram required and average run times and such. The data isn't perfect but is still helpful to people. Again, it runs alongside everything else and you wont even notice it.

Any idea how I move my tasks from an old install over to a new install?

Will they re-download?

The old ones will time out and get sent out to someone else and you'll get new ones.

That doesnt sound to good to me. Ill try to boot the USB with my server instead. I finally got Boinc and F@H onto one Ubuntu machine and that was a PITA plus I had quite a few non rigids in line

The good news is that WCG was chosen as the next Formula-Boinc sprint which starts the 27th to the 30th. :)

Me too (ahem bunkering). 2.4M BOINC points from 4.7K WUs :p

We blow past UK. Never quite imagine that we can do this about a week ago where we were 50,000 WUs behind.

The real challenge will be in the Pentathlon. We will know this in exactly a week's time.
upload_2017-4-28_17-11-58.png

Nice! I just don't have the time to horde all the non-rigid units. I just get lucky most of the time since I have so many clients running that I get a bunch here and there.

I feel so small. I need a hug o_O

Statistics Date
white.gif
Total Run Time
(y:d:h:m:s)
white.gif
Points Generated
white.gif
Results Returned
04/29/2017
white.gif
0:015:04:10:35
white.gif
white.gif
04/28/2017
white.gif
0:032:08:10:56
white.gif
white.gif
04/27/2017
white.gif
0:033:06:00:56
white.gif
white.gif
04/26/2017
white.gif
0:019:18:18:41
white.gif
white.gif
04/25/2017
white.gif
0:018:10:17:53
white.gif

I take it this challenge run till midnight the 30th UTC time? Here are my past 2days

04/29/2017
white.gif
0:054:00:01:29
white.gif
white.gif
04/28/2017
white.gif
0:054:02:00:23
white.gif
white.gif

looks like i am picking up OutSmart Ebola automatically now is this due to less FAAH work? Thanks! we are pretty close to being in #2 spot

Back