[WCCFTECH] AMD Ryzen 5800X, 5600X, & 3600 will be available in good quantities this quarter

Hmm, microcenter always seems to have a good quantity of 3900x and 3700x in stock.

I had no issues getting 5800x on Discord drop channels. 3080 RTX was much harder to get in comparison.

I had no issues getting 5800x on Discord drop channels. 3080 RTX was much harder to get in comparison.
I had the same experience, I got a 5800x on launch day, the 3080 took a month or more and that was mostly luck anyway.

Well at least that's a move in the correct way. Its a pity that 5900X and 5950X however are still not getting many allocations.

They declare that they will be some degree of quantity sure I believe that, my biggest question is what channels are they releasing those too? AMD keeps telling us that they are forming partnerships with OEM's for laptops and desktops, are they going to be getting priority on those production runs, is that what they are releasing to the distribution channels for consumer purchase and OEM's are getting a different supply, or are they yet again passing over the OEM's and only releasing those limited quantities for consumer purchase.

I had the same experience, I got a 5800x on launch day, the 3080 took a month or more and that was mostly luck anyway.

I agree its mostly luck. After trying for about 3 days to race with bots I gave up and employed a new strategy. The way I was able to get mine was through calling a local store in Manhattan and asking a really nice employee to hold one for me (which he did and essentially ordered a card for me once it was in stock). Its funny that in today's world of bots and algorithms, speaking to an actual human was most efficient way of getting one.

The only other way I could have gotten one was through best buy drop, I did it just for fun this past drop and I was able to go all the way through check out screen, but I did not want to finalize the order as I have no intention to scalp and wanted that card to go to someone who does not have it.

Hmm, microcenter always seems to have a good quantity of 3900x and 3700x in stock.
Well MC doesnt sell those online do they? And when you only have 24.physical locations then it tends to be easier to get things

Micro Center is one of the largest electronic retailers in North America and live at the top of the distribution chain. Most other vendors actually end up sourcing out of Micro Centre's warehouses, so Micro Center gets to keep some degree of the control of their stock levels to a much better degree than most others.

Micro Center is one of the largest electronic retailers in North America and live at the top of the distribution chain. Most other vendors actually end up sourcing out of Micro Centre's warehouses, so Micro Center gets to keep some degree of the control of their stock levels to a much better degree than most others.

You would think Best Buy would have better stock since they have 1000 stores compared to microcenters 25 stores.

You would think Best Buy would have better stock since they have 1000 stores compared to microcenters 25 stores.
It’s not Best Buy’s market, they are mostly retail, very little import. Micro Center is more about import and distribution than the full retail aspect. That said Best Buy does a lot of online sales I don’t know how they internally divvy up their stock. They may know that most of the market shops online and place most of their stock there and have the physical stores only have the rest.

1611543537775.png

It’s not Best Buy’s market, they are mostly retail, very little import. Micro Center is more about import and distribution than the full retail aspect. That said Best Buy does a lot of online sales I don’t know how they internally divvy up their stock. They may know that most of the market shops online and place most of their stock there and have the physical stores only have the rest.

Got some links because I can't find anything to back your claim.

Thanks for teh info i guess my dreams of a 5900x are out for now..........perhaps a 5800x?

Got some links because I can't find anything to back your claim.
Well they own their own international import company for one so they can work to pull stock direct from Tawiwan and Hong Kong. Best Buy doesn’t and works with existing importers.
Micro Center having access to importing directly is one of the things they are proud of as it lets them be independent and has helped them stay privately owned.

Well they own their own international import company for one so they can work to pull stock direct from Tawiwan and Hong Kong. Best Buy doesn’t and works with existing importers.
Micro Center having access to importing directly is one of the things they are proud of as it lets them be independent and has helped them stay privately owned.

So, what about them being a distributor for other retailers?

So, what about them being a distributor for other retailers?
I know Canadian Best Buy has pulled stock from them in the past, as has CDW, because I use both and when they “drop ship” they don't get a chance to pull paperwork so I have ordered components from both only to open it up and find a Micro Center packing slip inside.

Last edited:
Back