Way too many subforums

KingPariah777

[H]ard|Gawd
Getting anyone to respond or view my threads in any number of topics is a nightmare...unless someone is specifically in the forum of your exact topic, your thread will never be seen by them, even though they may have something to contribute.

Getting anyone to offer any advice is nearly worthless nowadays.

This thread has been sitting there for nearly two days now, and is still on the first page.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1031679

Yes, I searched for a pre-existing thread regarding this and didn't see any. If you don't like my feedback (as it seems many threads get locked), feel free to lock this, and you can guess as to what your readers want, because I'll be sure not to offer any more suggestions.

KingPariah777 said:
Yes, I searched for a pre-existing thread regarding this and didn't see any. If you don't like my feedback (as it seems many threads get locked), feel free to lock this, and you can guess as to what your readers want, because I'll be sure not to offer any more suggestions.

cranky much?

Watercooling has it's cycles of users and maybe this may be one of the declining cycles. Just because you haven't received the response you hoped for isn't a good enough reason to consolidate the forums again. It is the responsibility of the poster to try to locate the most appropriate forum for their thread, and sometimes the moderators will relocate a thread to a better forum for the type question.

The reasons threads are locked in this forum is because it is for one specific purpose and not a chat room. Once a question has been answered it can generate pile-on or off topic posting, so it it is closed.

We need to have this many, if not more, sub-forums due to the sheer number of members we have here. Reducing the number of them would cause all of the catagories to look more like the For Sale / Trade forum. Everyone would need to constantly bump their threads because the would quickly get buried by other updated threads. How many people do you think would reply if after a few hours your thread was 6-7 pages back?

**edit**

Also many of my friends that visit here only do it once, twice a week. Your answer may come from someone that only has time to visit the forum on weekends.

Back