Way To Fold [H]orde!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...I understand the negative attitude towards EVGA, but what happened during the month of February for the [H]orde? The ppm are really high comparatively...

Okay...I understand the negative attitude towards EVGA, but what happened during the month of February for the [H]orde? The ppm are really high comparatively...

That was a credit from Stanford.

That would have been during the time when A2 bigadv was still going on. They were very good ppd and extremely consistant. For comparison, my ppd right now can fluxuate by nearly 100K.

They won't lose the bucks anytime soon, it keeps people buying EVGA hardware. It might seem stupid that you'll save a fraction of what youre gonna spend on power, but the reality that draws people there is most of these people will be buying new gear sooner or later anyways so theyll still save money in the end.

Plus,don't forget how many people out there don't pay for electric. This would be a huge bonus to college kids/renters/military/etc. If you don't have a power bill then it's just as good as money in your pocket

awesome. i think we're sending the message to those upstarts that we won't go down without a fight.

keep at them, and let me know if somebody finds a GTX470 for $250. I have slots in this SR2 that i need to fill

Oh they are getting the message - they are actually impressed that we have ramped so well..

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?&m=549783&mpage=4 - Its post 103 about half way down...

Oh i'll be back at em as soon as im back from vacation.... planning some upgrades as well.

Oh they are getting the message - they are actually impressed that we have ramped so well..

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?&m=549783&mpage=4 - Its post 103 about half way down...

That's pretty cool of Flipback on the EVGA forums to mention this. Further proof that folding for the cause transcends whatever team you align yourself with. The ultimate goal for us and all others who take on this endevour is to assist science in finding a cure! :cool:

That's pretty cool of Flipback on the EVGA forums to mention this. Further proof that folding for the cause transcends whatever team you align yourself with. The ultimate goal for us and all others who take on this endevour is to assist science in finding a cure! :cool:

Well Said.

Yeah, it's pretty cool....but I still want to give them a run for the cure!

Can't wait till this weekend. I'll have another hex core running! Woot!

Fold On!

As will I, although I will hopefully jump the gun and have it going tomorrow. Still debating on two more hex cores for my Asus dually...or, two more hex cores and another SR-2 - I kinda like 100K+ machines...

As will I, although I will hopefully jump the gun and have it going tomorrow. Still debating on two more hex cores for my Asus dually...or, two more hex cores and another SR-2 - I kinda like 100K+ machines...

:eek:

I've gotta ramp up! Looks like the competition is starting to appear now that fall/winter is upon us. Yay for cold weather! :D

:eek:

I've gotta ramp up! Looks like the competition is starting to appear now that fall/winter is upon us. Yay for cold weather! :D

This is actually the first time I'm looking forward to winter. The [H]orde has that effect on you. :D

Yeah, it's pretty cool....but I still want to give them a run for the cure!

Fold On!

Heh! Awesome guys!

bravo to that guy, was that so hard? outstanding class

I'm putting hex cores in my asus dually as well, funding is coming along nicely and am hopoing to purchase the chips next month:cool:

Guys as we know the EVGA overtake is imminent but we have really shown some spirit here.

I think we should make it our goal to beat EVGA to 4 Billion.

That would be a good achievement and something to shoot for!

Put the hammer down!

Edit, I think I'm going to fire up my q6600/9800gx2

hm.

At our current 24 hour ppd average, it will take us 34.9 days to hit 4 billion

EOC stats say evga will overtake us in 2.3 weeks, or about 16 days.

Our PPD average is probably rising, and theirs is probably falling, so those numbers will be close.

This is going to be interesting. Let's see if we can do it!

hm.

At our current 24 hour ppd average, it will take us 34.9 days to hit 4 billion

EOC stats say evga will overtake us in 2.3 weeks, or about 16 days.

Our PPD average is probably rising, and theirs is probably falling, so those numbers will be close.

This is going to be interesting. Let's see if we can do it!

OK i'm not back from vacation for another week but i'll throw my whole rig behind [H] until we either beat the big 4 or get taken by evga then half my rig goes back to fold for my other team as well.

Last edited:
OK i'm not back from vacation for another week but i'll through my whole rig behind [H] until we either beat the big 4 or get taken by evga then half my rig goes back to fold for my other team as well.

amazing! :cool:

I'm going all in starting this weekend!
Weather is cooler, top 20 competition looks like fun, evga needs some competition and the 4 billion mark is very close... the timing is good!

I'm adding:
4 x 8346HE opterons
2 x 9800gx2
2 x 8800gs
1 x [email protected]
1 x Phenom II 710 x3

Nice additions. My new hex core joins the -bigadv club starting today as well.

God, wish I didn't just start selling my farm, wish I could help more than my current 50k, but I gotta sell the dormant 40k just to be able to keep folding
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

God, wish I didn't just start selling my farm, wish I could help more than my current 50k, but I gotta sell the dormant 40k just to be able to keep folding

Fully understand - you fold with what you can afford to fold with - whether its 500ppd or 50k or 500k

gotta do what you gotta do brother

I really wish my SR2 was getting something other than 6xxx units!

I'll be adding some GPU boxen in a few days. I am trying to track down some AM+ SLI boards for a few more GPUs. I had a couple but looks like they were tossed when I moved but I'll keep looking.

Fold {H}ard!

amazing! :cool:

I'm going all in starting this weekend!
Weather is cooler, top 20 competition looks like fun, evga needs some competition and the 4 billion mark is very close... the timing is good!

I'm adding:
4 x 8346HE opterons
2 x 9800gx2
2 x 8800gs
1 x [email protected]
1 x Phenom II 710 x3

Now this is an incredible addition!

Nice additions. My new hex core joins the -bigadv club starting today as well.

You are assuming that you will get bigadv :(

Folding1 has gotten a string of regular work units all day........

The [H]orde produced 7.9 million points today! I think we'll soon break 8 million PPD with all this new hardware coming online.

I got three straight standard SMP WUs before finally getting... a P2684. :(

My Sr2 hasn't seen a bigadv in 2 days.

i've had a bit of Client errors, so i think i was 8k or so short yesterday.....meh hopefully ive got it fixed, and i've put a bit of an OC on(mainly to shut sirmonkey up...)

god damnit, I kept having TPFs of over an hour, nothing on the taskbar, nothing in the system tray, I check the process manager and simcity 4 was running and sucking my precious cpu cycles :(

OK i'm not back from vacation for another week but i'll throw my whole rig behind [H] until we either beat the big 4 or get taken by evga then half my rig goes back to fold for my other team as well.

Will be adding a GTX 460 to this as well.:D

So when does the TZC end for EVGA? Or is it something else that is keeping their production high? I thought I remember hearing that the beginning of the month everyone folds for them again, but its almost mid-September and they haven't slowed down....

TZC is over, but everyone knows how close they are to overtaking us and are getting people to keep it up for a few more weeks.

TZC is over, but everyone knows how close they are to overtaking us and are getting people to keep it up for a few more weeks.
Yeah, they have a thread on their forum titled "[H] is ramping up... We have to keep production up ".

I really wish I could afford to jump up to a i7 system right now....folding is amazingly addicting for how little you have to put into it. I have been running 5 systems 24/7 that last few days, but I don't think I can justify it for the systems that are only doing 2k ppd. And it kills me to have a GTX 260 sitting around that I have no place to use it (trying to sell, but I'm thinking its not worth what I thought). I can't even talk myself into gaming right now because I'm trying to keep my desktop dedicated to folding.

Ya, ive got a fermi 470 rig for my gamer, hasn't gamed since I put it in but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back