still in guam.....

wasted.....

captain morgen to the rescue.....

Shell Back
Order of the Golden Dragon
Order of the Spanish Mane
Order of the Ditch

I've been a few places.

Hey now, order of the Spanish Mane and Order of the Ditch means I made it to the east coast at least once.

Order of the Dragon, and my being west of 180 does a rather effective job of labeling me as a west coast squid tho.....

You navy boys and your jargon

actually, I should ask, do I have to salute you if I see you lol
I think you mentioned your rank in here but I don't know my navy ranks well

/crosses fingers for enlisted :)
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

yes enlisted.

I'm an E-7 or Chief Petty Officer. Equivalent to Marine Gunnery Seargent.

Just call me Chief.... el Hefe or whatever..... I don't really have a name anymore... LOL... you get used to it.

Ah, Chiefs are officers on my side, hence the confusion on my part. Thanks for clarification

Doubt he'd be able to say, from my very limited experience whenever there is a field op designed for joint training, usually it's kinda hush,but those could have been circumstantial (sp?)

either way, keep at em bro

Doubt he'd be able to say, from my very limited experience whenever there is a field op designed for joint training, usually it's kinda hush,but those could have been circumstantial (sp?)

either way, keep at em bro

yeah i figured but i had to try.. :D

Guam again.

and no I can't talk about the things we are out here to do...

All I can say is

"We are forward deployed conducting operations in support of the Navy" or some such like that.... says functionally nothing....

Guam again.

and no I can't talk about the things we are out here to do...

All I can say is

"We are forward deployed conducting operations in support of the Navy" or some such like that.... says functionally nothing....

aka "were waiting here for some dumb ass to fire at a naval ship so we can blow the shit out of em"..

maybe they should just use that.. sounds way better.. :D

There are cooler things than that...

oh im sure there are.. heard a lot of different sayings for shit from my cousin when he was stationed in S. korea.. and a lot of stuff im not suppose to know.. ;)

Yokosuka, Japan now.

I spent the day in Akihabara.... too bad I didn't spend a pile of yen... Got to see several dual Xeon Hex-core i7 rigs tho...

Tokyo Train system is fun... even more so when it's three red-necks (2 buddies from Bama went with me). We didn't speak a lick of the language, much less read most of the signs. Buddy picked up a new ipod touch 64G for about $350.

My sister was married, for about 20 years, to a squid. He made it up to COB on the Maryland, I can never remember which crew. I've been through the boat several times, or at least what of it they can show you. Real interesting, but not what I could do. I am 6'4", I can't immagine the guy that is 6'8" and how he has to cope, and just enough claustrophobia that it wouldn't work.

Since they split up, I don't see or hear from him anymore, so I don't really know what he is doing now. Last I knew, he was going up to Charleston from King's Bay for some kind of shore duty.

I sure admire and respect you guys that are able to do this and protect our country.

Guam again...... so close and yet so far from the end..... soon everyone

nice. hopefully you get back before the shit hits the fan in N. korea.

Yea, not looking good, I'm watching the news carefully.

No matter the events, I'm gonna be in Guam for a few more days. We completely ate the crank shaft and the rod bearings on one of our to air compressors. Gonna have to replace the whole machine, we don't have what we would need to turn the crank, if there was even enough metal left to mill down.

Yea, not looking good, I'm watching the news carefully.

No matter the events, I'm gonna be in Guam for a few more days. We completely ate the crank shaft and the rod bearings on one of our to air compressors. Gonna have to replace the whole machine, we don't have what we would need to turn the crank, if there was even enough metal left to mill down.

keep watching and get ready to accidentally lose an important part just in case :p but then again im sure you guys would have a blast taking out those piece of junk diesel sub's the N. Koreans use. lol

hey jfb, just saw this thread for the first time and read through. thanks again for going out on such a difficult task for our country. as a 6'6" guy, i appreciate cramped quarters as much as anyone. and speaking of maintenance, i may end up working at the pearl harbor naval shipyard sometime in the next year. maybe ill see you there? :D stay safe out there, i know things are getting interesting in the area.

Not likely, I'm looking at transfering state side early next year....

right now I'm generally looking at Ballston Spas, NY. Dunno if that is what I will get, but it beats Norfolk.....

Norfolk.... NE? I live in Wayne, about a half hour away. PM me and maybe we'll have a beer!

Norfolk.... NE? I live in Wayne, about a half hour away. PM me and maybe we'll have a beer!
Since he is in the military, I think he is referring to Norfolk, VA. :D

Damn, that's kinda near here

well, like 12 hours but yea, closer than some places

you'll be coming home right as I ship out, [H] is going deployment crazy!!!

Slams down a cold Miller Lite, right back at ya bro

I'd say keep your head down but I don't think anyone could do that quite as well as y'all can lol

LOL.... sounding quiet would be a good thing. But so is keeping the sub under water. Get too much up and you make a real nice radar signature. That's not good either

hey, could you guys/gals help me out? I can't decide the answer to a question I was asking myself last night.

About 3 beers into the night, I started taking an "online" traffic safety course that I've been obligated to complete. Sooooooo.... does that constitute drinking and driving?

About 3 beers into the night, I started taking an "online" traffic safety course that I've been obligated to complete. Sooooooo.... does that constitute drinking and driving?

Hmmm, perhaps since you're in training it could be said you're learning how to drink and drive ?

;)

Back