wavemaster ideas

I currently have a black wavemaster. I am not really too pleased with the cooling offered in this case. I have the blowhole installed and and aftermarket 80mm fan on the rear exhaust. Do you guys have any ideas that will keep the cases clean lines but improve cooling alot?

well it depends.

Do you wanna increase airflow intake/outake ? Just get everything cooled down a whole lot more ?

I would suggest external water cooling if you're up for better cooling. I don't know how much more cooling you can get unless you cut something up. Intake is the problem.

I made the top fan an intake and the psu and back fans outake. I took out the front 2 fans due to their lack of capability to do anything but gather dust. That's all I can tell you really.

If you want any ideas look at these pics

air-cooled .. http://img243.echo.cx/img243/3003/april123zc.jpg

water cooled .. http://img146.echo.cx/img146/7601/watercooled1qg.jpg

im shying away from watercooling because i have play css competitvly and this summer im moving my pc around for lans and cpl. I have to fly to texas for that and as it is figuring out how to get my computer there is going to be a problem. So i want to stick with air, i was maybe thinking of either hacking up behind the bezel for a 120 mm fan or just two nice 80mm and ducting for intakes? I was also thinking about that one guys cpu duct mod, but its finals right now and im a little lazy ;)

it's gonna be impossible fitting a 120mm in there .. what you can do though is cut up those holes and allow as much airflow as possible... that might make a huge difference.

I never got to that part of my mod yet.

Good luck

sorry i keep adding ideas, i have seen ideas of putting dual exhausts in the rear, but im a dremel noob. But i am open to ideas, and hey this might just help someone else out with ideas :D

you know what ... you don't need to be an expert to use the dremel ..

This is what you can do ... first of all .. put masking tape so that you can mark up the area you wanna cut up ..

you have to measure the new areas and new hole .. cut up a lot less than you have to

use drum sander to get the perfect roundness .. you'll know it's perfect because you have the lines drawn out and when you take out the masking tape and blow out all the metal debris you'll marvel at the nice circle only problem is the original whole is in the middle ...

you figure this one out

scottemad123 said:
wish i was better friends with my dads friend who owns a waterjet company :( Just imagine...

Ask your dad to ask his friend if you can go and do some stuff. He might get interested and get you to do some shit to his computer case. ;)

well i was browsing coolermasters forums last night and they were talking about just installing the mobo tray upsidedown to get just a little better cooling, i might try it just to see what happens.

Have you tried the other items already such as using a good heatsink/fan combo with the proper amount of thermal interface/thermal grease/ Arctic Silver? whatever? Also if so have you tried lapping the heatsink? Those are just some of the things you can do to help cool it down some. Hell, sometimes you can get 2-4+ degrees cooler just by lapping providing your fansink isn't already mirror polished. Thermal Interface can mean 2-3+ degrees depending on who you talk to_Of course it don't mean a whole lot if you don't have much airflow which is what you are trying to do with the blowhole.

Are your cables tidy?...Again, that has to do with freeing the airflow. I know my rounded cables seem to clean things up. I haven't measure the effect of tidying your cabling bt others claim it helps. I guess in other words, if they are tidy, they are less likely to block direct fan cooling. I'm sure you get the picture.

Good luck and let us know how it goes when you get it all done.

sorry forgot to post system specs at the beginning. newcastle 3500+ zalman 7000 alcu, asus a8n-sli deluxe. gig ram, 2x msi 6600gt , my cpu doesn't seem to be getting as cool as it should, i have reseated the zalman a couple of times, used as5 etc, it just loads to high for my liking. Like after an hour or two of counterstrike source its load is 55 celcius. :(

****edit**** after my finals im gonna try the flipped mobo and see if that helps

Sounds like you are in need of adding fans to the front. You probably have more going out than in. If you already have fan(s) in the front try cutting the waffle grills out . i'm not sure what shape the wavemaster grills are.

You could add 1 or 2 hgh speed fans and then control them with a fan bus or something that way you can crank them up when you game and hush them when you are just surfing and stuff.

Back