watercooling an 8800GT

I hope these blocks are better quality than the 8800GTS block I got from EK. Was missing several screws and a hole was already stripped out. Not to mention no thermal pads.......

Then that explains your post in the other thread, and makes a bit of sense. I think you had a bad batch... Mine came with enough thermal pads (plus an extra) and even an extra screw...

Then that explains your post in the other thread, and makes a bit of sense. I think you had a bad batch... Mine came with enough thermal pads (plus an extra) and even an extra screw...
Like I said, I gave the distributor several chances to make it right with no luck...... I did like the block though.....

Will a Zalman "ZM-GWB8800 GTS" fit on a GT card?

I'd think not...

Like I said, I gave the distributor several chances to make it right with no luck...... I did like the block though.....

That's too bad... A shame really. I've had nothing but great dealings with Eddy... He's a nice guy that helped me out within a day when I had a problem with a client's block... :eek:

I'd think not...

That's too bad... A shame really. I've had nothing but great dealings with Eddy... He's a nice guy that helped me out within a day when I had a problem with a client's block... :eek:

Sounds like he never contacted Eddy about the problem since he only mentions talking to the distributor.

Sounds like he never contacted Eddy about the problem since he only mentions talking to the distributor.

That's normally how you do things when you buy from a distributor. :rolleyes:

If a distributor is that bad though, I wonder why EK still sells to them. :(

Yes, Eddy is great at fixing issues but not all distributors is that good ;)

I took a few new pictures of the aquagrafx G92, inlcuding the inside, plexiglas top and the back.

You can see them here.

I'm looking at the new pictures from my BB curve and the core design looks like the AC logo! Very nice block just hope we are one for the hd3870.

Looks nice, pretty similar to the EK block. How thick does the plexi top make the block?

Now that looks great. With a single slot design, it's invariably going to be somewhat more restrictive than an EK or DD FC, but the plexi top version looks great.

EK block for my GT, might take a look at DD's, but I've had bad experiences with other companies blocks.

@waterlogged

given that you're a paid shill for a certain company that shall go nameless I know why you need to knock any competing product at any chance, and I do understand.

However in terms of the EK blocks I purchased 2x asus mosfets, 2x asus nb/sb that came fine box sealed. I also bought 2x ek 8800gts FC that the boxes were open, had swiftech nozzles and one had a wrong sized o-ring.

Since you're bashing EK, I also bought a certain companies CPU block that flat out leaked and I had to take apart.

Lesson of the day, test what you get before you hook it up.

The aquagrafx G92 with plexiglas top has a heigt of 12,4 mm.
14,3 mm including the screw heads.

On the thinnest point the copper base is only 3,7 mm* high and 11,12 mm with the plexiglas top.

(*in this area are no water-channels)

Back