Water Powered Car

The fact that it can run from sea water, now that is a gold mine right there.

If they can produce it into a viable model with a reasonable price... watch out.

Site has shut down due to lack of funds, looks like big oil buried these guys quickly.

Until we have a car that can run on Coffee grounds, Banana peels and beer... I don't want any part of it.

That and travel back in time when you hit 88mph.

Well the amazing thing about this, is that i am guessing if some big company actually helps this company out, it can evolve into something huge. I myself actually care about the planet and i think this will help alot, especially without pollution since it just uses the hydrogen molecules from the water. In my point of view this is like something big that can have a huge impact. :)

This has been done before, designs that work by separating the water molecules into oxygen and hydrogen, then burning it, use more power then they generate.
The designs that separate the molecules then use the hydrogen in a fuel cell suffer the same problems that ordinary hydrogen fuel cell vehicles suffer, the fact that hydrogen fuel cells are ridiculously expensive to produce.

Water doesn't just break apart like that... energy is required to break the bonds... wtf... something's missing here...

I don't see how it is possible to have the energy to split enough water to provide hydrogen to propel a car, and at the same time provide enough energy to sustain the process.

Water doesn't just break apart like that... energy is required to break the bonds... wtf... something's missing here...

x2

I would be shocked and amazed to see this actually work. Until then, I'm not buying it.

Perpetial motion machines do not exist.

Run light bulb to power solar pannels to run a light bulb and use the extra energy to run a car. It doesn't work.

Site has shut down due to lack of funds, looks like big oil buried these guys quickly.

Thank you for visiting our website.

We at GENEPAX have strived to develop new technologies to enable environment friendly energy systems, to mitigate environmental risks such as those posed by global warming. The systems that we have proposed have received warm words of support from many people. However, we have yet to overcome the many obstacles we face in the current world, to bring our systems to market. Moreover, the costs of development have become very large. As our resources are very limited, we need to retrench and reassess our resources and our development plans at this time, and we are accordingly closing our website.

We express our deep gratitude for the supportive messages we have received. We hope that you will continue to be supportive of efforts to develop cleaner and more environment friendly energies, and we will continue to strive to develop systems to preserve our environment.

February 10th, 2009
Yasuyuki Takahashi
Representative Director
GENEPAX

Haven't read the article yet, but where are you getting that these are perpetual energy machines? They aren't creating energy any differently than diesel or gasoline engines. They are using energy that is already stored in the atomic bond of each molecule.

What about gasoline engines that drive an alternator/magneto to produce a spark to ingite the gasoline that rotates the engnie that drive the alternator/magneto?

How about diesel engines that drive an injector pump to inject the diesel that is compressed until it ignites?

All engines require an outside source of energy to get started. Why couldn't an outside source of energy (e.g. a battery bank) be used for the separation of hydrogen and water?

Perpetial motion machines do not exist.

Run light bulb to power solar pannels to run a light bulb and use the extra energy to run a car. It doesn't work.

"Perpetual", how is this perpetual!?

Thank you for visiting our website.

We at GENEPAX have strived to develop new technologies to enable environment friendly energy systems, to mitigate environmental risks such as those posed by global warming. The systems that we have proposed have received warm words of support from many people. However, we have yet to overcome the many obstacles we face in the current world, to bring our systems to market. Moreover, the costs of development have become very large. As our resources are very limited, we need to retrench and reassess our resources and our development plans at this time, and we are accordingly closing our website.

We express our deep gratitude for the supportive messages we have received. We hope that you will continue to be supportive of efforts to develop cleaner and more environment friendly energies, and we will continue to strive to develop systems to preserve our environment.

February 10th, 2009
Yasuyuki Takahashi
Representative Director
GENEPAX

My point. It takes almost no resources to run a static website such as theirs.

Yeah, something fishy here. Not the water.... Spliting water into Hydrogen and Oxygen is endothermic I thought, and the reverse, combinging O and 2 H exothermic.

I understand using a catalist to assist reduction of H2O, but you still need energy input at some point. Even a 100% efficent system would only get as much energy out of the recombination as it took to break the water apart to start with.

Yeah, something fishy here. Not the water.... Spliting water into Hydrogen and Oxygen is endothermic I thought, and the reverse, combinging O and 2 H exothermic.

I understand using a catalist to assist reduction of H2O, but you still need energy input at some point. Even a 100% efficent system would only get as much energy out of the recombination as it took to break the water apart to start with.

Which is why you have to keep feeding it water. Also, I'm sure the special thingamajig they "invented" will degrade over time and require service or replacement at some point.

Well the difference is breaking apart most complex hydrocarbons (gasoline, deisel, kerosen, etc) is exothermic. You get more heat (energy) out when you split them then when you recombine them. Water is the other way around. You have to put energy in to break apart water.

We could make gasoline from the exhaust of cars. It just takes a bit more energy to do that, pluss losses (inefficencies) as when you burn it. Our car engines are no where near 100% efficent on converting gasoline to used power. Most goes to waste. So thats why we pump up more from the ground instead of recycle the exhaust.

An engine that runs on water alone is very much like a car engine that sucks up exhaust in the air and turns it into gasoline to run on.

Which leads to the next question I have of.... If it breaks water apart to to make H and O, I'll have to assume it doesn't just combine those to make water again, so what does it make in the reaction? Some molicule that has a larger bond strength then water...

First Law: You can never win you can only break even.

Second Law: You can only break even at absolute zero.

Third law: You can never reach absolute zero.

welcome to the game.

That's what happened last time. This is old tech from the 50's, but oil bought them out then to for ~$5mil. Can only hope that some company doesn't sell out and brings this to production for the masses.

Well, I thought about that one also. If they use some kind of one way reaction to provide the energy to split the water, it would take ALOT of that chemical. Say your engine makes 100 watts. Well you would need that one way reaction to provide 100+ watts of power to split the water... So you you only need water to run it.. but urm you have to replace the "catalyst" pack every 200 miles.

Thats like claiming you can make a 1KW power plant that runs on air. All you need is air to run it! Its 100% air powered. O, yeah we have a small 1.1KW gasoline generator that runs some big fans to make wind that blows on some big wind turbines... but the turbines ONLY NEEDS AIR!

Without knowing more about how this car really works, were just speculating though.

That's what happened last time. This is old tech from the 50's, but oil bought them out then to for ~$5mil. Can only hope that some company doesn't sell out and brings this to production for the masses.

Umm... yeah.... Oil companies don't buy technology that violate the second law of thermodynamics. K?THXBYE!

Can you imagine a hydrogen system combined with a tornado fuel saver? I'd ask the UPS guy for ID... make sure it's not an oil company hitman

My opinion is

70% likely its fraud of some sort. looking to make a quick buck off investors etc.

25% engeniering came up with a neat idea, and marketing "enhanced" the facts a little for the video and adverts.

4% It uses water as just a part of a novel/more efficent implementation of a known energy gerneration system.

1% They really did come up with some way to generate net energy with water as a fuel, by using the oxygen or hydrogen and some other substance to make something else that has a stronger bond then water. Probably something in the atmosphere Nitrogen, sulfates from polution etc.

"Perpetual", how is this perpetual!?

The example given with the light bulb is an example of perpetual "motion". The light bulb is giving off energy which powers itself via the solar panel requiring no external input of energy.

I'm fairly certain that nuclear subs break seawater down into O2 and H by passing a big electric current into the water so they can generate their own oxygen. If this car somehow breaks water into its components using the energy that it generates burning hydrogen, then there's your perpetual motion.

First Law: You can never win you can only break even.

Second Law: You can only break even at absolute zero.

Third law: You can never reach absolute zero.

welcome to the game.

The 2nd law is currently being challenged believe it or not. There are many experiments going on right now that say from the data extracted so far, that the 2nd law is not inviolate.

This is a fraud period, and you'd think people would learn by now.
Until someone comes up with a magical way to break the bonds of the water molecule, with FAR less energy then would be generated by those bonds reforming via combustion, its just not possible, PERIOD.

If it were possible and someone were to figure it out, water powered cars would be just a blip on the energy horizon compared to the changes in our society (free energy for everyone?)

The 2nd law is currently being challenged believe it or not. There are many experiments going on right now that say from the data extracted so far, that the 2nd law is not inviolate.

hrm, I'll look into that. Of course for the issue at hand its the 1st law thats beeing broken. And starting with a energy using step none the less.

1. make firewood from smoke and ashes.
2. burn firewood to cook dinner.
3. use leftover energy from burning firewood to convert newly added smoke and ashes into firewood.
4. go to step 2.

Thats like the lightbulb and solar cell example but stating you start with the lightbulb OFF.

Don't you guys watch the real word of SciFi? Take Star Trek for example. Even they have to replenish their fuel sources. If they haven't figured out perpetual motion yet, I don't think we will.

All kidding aside, you can't split water and then get useful power out of it to drive a car and then still use the power to split the water again. If you have a battery to power the splitting of water, why not just use that to power the car.

This is a fraud period, and you'd think people would learn by now.
Until someone comes up with a magical way to break the bonds of the water molecule, with FAR less energy then would be generated by those bonds reforming via combustion, its just not possible, PERIOD.

If it were possible and someone were to figure it out, water powered cars would be just a blip on the energy horizon compared to the changes in our society (free energy for everyone?)

There are ways to get the desired reaction such as using the concept of hydrogen on demand, however, you do need a third source to create such reaction (metals or electricity).

I'm assuming that the car will still have a battery or some power source that is charged via regenerative braking, but that's still an element they are not telling people about.

I'm pretty sure it takes a lot of equipment and energy to create an absolute zero state. Also, I'd bet that creating absolute zero temperatures for any meaningful volume of material is beyond human technology. (i.e. one liter of water held at absolute zero)

I only know basic physics and thermodynamics, but if you had a mass of some material at absolute zero, and you imparted kinetic energy into the mass via a change in velocity, wouldn't that ruin your absolute zero state? Furthermore, you can't even have any sort of physical container making contact with the material, right? Imagine reaching out and touching some big brick of material at an absolute zero temperature. I wonder if your finger(s) would freeze and break off.

There are ways to get the desired reaction such as using the concept of hydrogen on demand, however, you do need a third source to create such reaction (metals or electricity).

I'm assuming that the car will still have a battery or some power source that is charged via regenerative braking, but that's still an element they are not telling people about.

Yeah, and thats the problem. You HAVE to have some other energy source if they are just recombining the H and O into water. Also due to lack of 100% efficency you need more energy to power that chain of reactions then you get OUT. So, a great way to increase the efficency of ANY system based on that is to ditch the water conversion stuff completly and just run on whatever that other outside source is.

Sure a large battery pack could provide the power to break the water apart... problem is it would take a larger battery pack then a plain battery powered electric car with the same performance. Regenerative braking may conserve energy used, but it won't make new energy for the system.

You can't use 100 watts to break apart enough water to burn and make 1,000 watts. Perfectly efficent you would need 1,000 watts put in. With inefficencys you would need a source of >1,000 watts to convert enough water to generate 1,000 watts.

Even with the large number of huge leaps in technology and materials to reach 100% efficency, your still just adding extra steps to make 1,000 watts by using it to break down water and recombine it to get 1,000 watts back out.

Water can be split into hydrogen and stored as a battery. When you recombine the hydrogen and oxygen you will get some energy. However you will not get as much energy as it took to split the oxygen in the first place. The cyclic integral can not be greater than zero.

If by some magic you could have a machine that created energy they would not use it to power cars. They would use it to sell electricity to the gird.

Wow, it's amazing how many people on a board like this are actually thinking this could be real, or that "big oil" or "the man" is keeping the technology stifled.

Although the fact so many others are attacking it, does warm the cockles in my heart.

My vote however is a retarded news reporting job, I'm sure there's something to what it's doing, just not as the news reporter said or makes it out to be. It could simply be a fuel cell car that you need to plug in prior to going out, so you fill it up with water to get your fuel, the power company does the work of splitting it up, and when enough is done, you go and drive away.

It's also powered by the soul of a wayward child.

DrByronOrpheus.JPG

I am sure it's electricity, and that big black thing next to it looks like a battery. If you have some materials that make the conduction process more efficient then it could work. I remember a year or so ago someone found a way to generate hydrogen with some metal that can caused a reaction.

Back