Watch Dogs Gets NVIDIA Day One patch

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this report, NVIDIA has a Day 1 patch for Watch Dogs and, as far as we can tell, that patch is already making the rounds on the torrent sites.

Wonder if this is their way of catching the pirate players, or Ubisoft failing to push the update?

Nvidia patching the game before the developer??...never heard of that before

Well, this certainly won't fuel the "Ubisoft fucked AMD users" rumors.

I can't help but feel that the gaming industry just continues to become crap! forcing people onto broken servers (EA) broken games, (colinial marines, sim city) oh man the list is to long. either way the gaming industry has become a way to screw people out of $60.

I remember Ultima VI being uncompletable in 1991. They had to mail you floppy disks to patch it. To their credit, they did this for registered owners without even being asked. But we should count our blessings. And not pretend that broken games are something new rather than the norm since the inceptions of computer gaming.

HardOCP should run a story about how nearly every review on Steam is a thumbs down.

Most people hate uPlay.

So does this patch get distributed through Uplay or do I download it from NVIDIA?

nvidia should have worked more closely with the developer to avoid problems like this. :D

Nowhere in that Nvidia forum post does it say or even imply Nvida is releasing a day 1 patch. Am I alone in feeling this way?

the Day 1 patch they are referring to is the new driver set they released yesterday...confused me at first as I thought it was an actual patch

HardOCP should run a story about how nearly every review on Steam is a thumbs down.

Most people hate uPlay.
Wait, you're saying that a AAA release incurred the incoherent wrath of angry PC gamers, and they flamed the game in every review they could? Be it Metacritic, Steam Reviews and others?

Shocking.

I can't help but feel that the gaming industry just continues to become crap! forcing people onto broken servers (EA) broken games, (colinial marines, sim city) oh man the list is to long. either way the gaming industry has become a way to screw people out of $60.

I hate the fact that $60 is now the new norm. PC games used to be $10 cheaper due to no console licensing fees. Yes, I'm old and bitter. Also, get off ma lawn. :D

I hate the fact that $60 is now the new norm. PC games used to be $10 cheaper due to no console licensing fees. Yes, I'm old and bitter. Also, get off ma lawn. :D

That's what Steam sales are for.

My 3GB 780Ti can't handle Ultra textures, even at 1080p. Sure wish I had a 4GB 290X right about now. $5M for exclusive optimizations well spent, Nvidia. :rolleyes:

Most people hate uPlay.

I don't get why people hate on uPlay so much? I haven't had any problems with it yet on any Ubisoft games I own. Is it because people get used to one platform and are unwilling to change?

I don't get why people hate on uPlay so much? I haven't had any problems with it yet on any Ubisoft games I own. Is it because people get used to one platform and are unwilling to change?

When you have to feel lucky when a log in works so you can play your games that you paid for like what I went through most of yesterday with this game. That goes for offline mode, too, which didn't work for me at all.

^^
That sucks.

Really? I logged in on my first try with no problems and a couple of my friends did the same...

Really? I logged in on my first try with no problems and a couple of my friends did the same...

You all were lucky. A lot of people on consoles and PC including myself had many headaches yesterday. I even saw Kyle Bennett mention it.

I'd wager that's inflation more than console fees. If a $.79 bag of chips is now $1.99, it doesn't seem unreasonable for games to increase by $10 over the last decade.

the game was readily available in the For Sale forum...bought my copy for $25 from an [H] member...if a game is part of a video card bundle (and a lot of good ones are nowadays) always wait for people to sell the code online...never pay full price

The day 1 patch was only for multiplayer issues. It doesn't address anything related to Nvidia or performance.

Also I have 780ti SLI, 4930K @ 4.5ghz, Rampage IV Black Edition, 32 gigs 2133mhz ram and the game runs lite a stuttering mess regardless of what settings I try it on or resolution. If I disable SLI it runs quite a bit better but still a mess. I also have the latest drivers. This is a common issue for probably 90 percent of the people out there.

I'm playing it with an OCd 2600k, OCd gtx 780 @ 1440p. im getting ~ 60fps with 0 AA and no AO, everything else turned up.

game completely STOPS for 3 seconds when you're driving to new locations it seems, even with a SSD, like its loading or something.

game could be better, but its pretty good, id give it an 8/10

Your one of the lucky ones that can at least have it in a somewhat playable state.

I just checked Geforce experiene and it says my optimal settings are
1440p, Ultra everything, Temporal SMAA. They must be joking anytime my character moves it is a slide show. Turning it down to 1080p, High, no AA is the same exact experience. Funny thing is while its a slide show i'm getting well above 60 fps on the recommended settings.

So this is really an nvidia game distributed through uplay then?

Pfff...Young whippersnapper, I remember when they were $35-$40.

I think it was intended to be optimized and best ran by Nvidia hardware but so far they all failed at that. They couldn't even get that right.

I'd wager that's inflation more than console fees. If a $.79 bag of chips is now $1.99, it doesn't seem unreasonable for games to increase by $10 over the last decade.

This logic doesn't take into account the larger, more readily visible gamer audience,
and that inflation does not scale in the way you've presented it with digital product.

Back