Was the gtx570 at 350usd a decent buy?

jeremyshaw

[H]F Junkie
Hey.... I have an itch to try out 3D Vision, so I bought the kit from someone on [H]... however, I have found no reivews of my lonely GTX460 in 3D Vision, only SLI reviews with 3D Vision and twin GTX460, much less my 768MB model. So....

Was buying an eVGA GTX570 @ 350 a decent buy? I'm limited to one slot, lol. mITX contraints :p Or would a cheaper card done it well for 1080p3D? My main goal is just for giggles, secondary is for gaming (I liked it when I tried it @ a friends' house), third is for BluRay 3D...

Thank you!
-Jeremy

p.s. games I play are limited to Starcraft 2. I did get Mafia II and JC2 for free with the card, so I have yet to try those out.

SC2 looks terrible on 3D Vision, tried it and its a awful experience..

:(

Oh, well... I guess I do have Metro and JC2 (which I hated as a game...) to fall back upon, then the normal lame excuses I will likely think up of.

I'm just curious, without 3D, would the HD6970 been the better buy (performance is just one metric...)? I kidna got mad after forcing myself to only go AMD for the HD5000 gen (had HD5770 CF setup - SC2beta bugs killed it' HD5870CF setup - noise and minor CF or driver issues killed that for me; HD5550 and single HD5770 still fine :)), so I didn't really like thinking about going AMD again...

but you seem to have used a lot from both vendors.... what's your opinion on this?

Metro itself will suck the whole performance out, 3D Vision will just drop the performance like half..

Which is pretty much unplayable in general.

JC2 is probably the only game you can try out of ur selection lol..

If you paid list price,how can that be a deal.
I guess I'm just asking is it justified, and without 3D, is it any better of a price, in terms of personal experience, over something like the HD6970. My firsthand experience with AMD isn't that great, though admittedly, my AMD experience is almost exclusively multicard.

Metro itself will suck the whole performance out, 3D Vision will just drop the performance like half..

Which is pretty much unplayable in general.

JC2 is probably the only game you can try out of ur selection lol..

Ah... :( I guess I better hope I like that silly Pocahontas 3D remake movie, then :mad: I'll update this thread on Sat. with my impressions (likely sleep deprived).
thank you!

Back