• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Warranty suggestions?

Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
6
A lapped retail CPU. Clearly the markings have been sanded down for maximum surface imperfection removal. Now defunct (BIOS doesn't post, but displays a PARITY error).

Worth trying to replace under warranty, or is this a futile exercise and, more, of a joke?
 
I would think as long as they can read the serial number and such that they would RMA. Hell, why not give it a try?
 
DooKey, clever, haven't thought of that.

Crosshairs, I thought there would be a catch. It served its purpose well. Q6600 2.4 OC'd to 3.6 for one and a half years.

I now welcome the Q9550. Hope it serves me well.
 
wait... a parity error?

That doesn't seem like a CPU issue, to me.

Is your mobo going out, or is it a RAM error?
 
wait... a parity error?

That doesn't seem like a CPU issue, to me.

Is your mobo going out, or is it a RAM error?

It's definitely a CPU issue. At first, it pointed to the MB. But I replaced the MB with an identical one, same symptoms. I even had two BIOS chips overnighted from ASUS. No go. I replaced the CPU with an E8400 and it worked fine.

It's a weird CPU behavior. It "seems" to be working, but is throwing strange MB errors. I know it's fried. RIP Q6600. Or, more like, vegge in peace.
 
People still lap their cpu? I did that on an AMD Thunderbird CPU but not since then. Waste of time and effort IMO.
 
Back
Top