warning: ZipZoomFly may be going under

Used them for quite a few purchases + comparison shopping in the past but have totally forgot about them until now..

Oh man, that sux. I had bought a couple things from ZZF several years ago when I built a computer. It was fun while it lasted. Too bad about them apparently going under. RIP.

always liked them over newegg with their free 3 day shipping they had on so many items.

too bad. They had great prices and it seemed these prices always included shipping. I had a feeling of their imminent demise since they don't have anything in stock. Reminds of how things were when that other etailer (not Mwave) in So Cal went under couple of years back.

If true thats unfortunate. They were one of my favorites. They seems to have quick shipping, but I think their website was a let down. It wasn't a great place to browse and see any decent pictures or information about products.

I hope you're being sarcastic..

Partially, but it is pretty fraudulent of them to offer a MIR (yes, they were the ones doing the MIR) if they know that they are going to go under and won't be paying out the MIR, no?

edit: this was for an item that was like $6 I think. If they did know they weren't going to pay out the MIR then yes this is a very poor business practice for them to do to try and move some inventory.

I've always had luck with them. The last thing I purchased from them was a PSU with a rebate. When I got the PSU, you could tell the UPC was removed from the plastic shrink wrap (was a sticker) and the PSU had already been opened, then re-shrink wrapped. I called ZZF and they had me take a picture of the unit showing the wires exposed. They OKed the RMA and replaced it with a new unit that had the UPC for the rebate. The rebate came in a month or so later.

After my experience with ZZF, which was quite similar to many others echoing the poor customer service (etc, etc)...yeah, only a matter of time before they dig their own grave.

All I can say is let me know if they need help hammering the nails in the coffin.

*sniff* Bought my first real retail card from them, a 6800le. They were the only ones that had the 256mb version instock in the states. That was a sweet card, fully unlocked and OC'd to Ultra shader and vertex pipes and clocks with just a slight voltage bump.

Last edited:
Good riddance. I had great experiences with googlegear, but since they changed names I have ordered a number of items that they charged my credit card for but did not actually have in stock.

5 out of 81 video cards in the $100-$200 price bracket are in stock.

Hmm... not a single GTX 460 to be found.

+1.

I agree. I don't understand how all these etailers exist with such stupid websites that are vastly inferior to that of NE. How does it make any sense to have a crappy website if your business entirely depends on said website?? Seriously, achieving the sensible organization and appropriate level of product detail that NE features does not take a genius.

So, maybe some other etailers will finally catch on and provide some real competition...

Never had a problem with ZZF's site. NE is a good site, but for the part, all I need is a site with a decent search. Both of them fit that bill (as does Amazon if it's a part they carry).

I've ordered a ton of hard drives from ZZF with no problems, ever. They ship them individually in sweet little foam packages - something I think everyone should do.

I've ordered a ton of hard drives from ZZF with no problems, ever. They ship them individually in sweet little foam packages - something I think everyone should do.

QFT. Hand down, ZZF does the best packing for HD's. They're so good, I keep them for future use.

ditto here on ZZF's hard drive packing. Those little foam houses are the best. I keep them for use to store my spare drives. Too bad they're the only ones doing this. If they go under, it'll be a sad day for me:(

Something seems off.

Not that I doubt the OP's experience but not a lot of people have stepped forward to confirm that specific problem. I mean this site should be loaded with people that could confirm.

ditto here on ZZF's hard drive packing. Those little foam houses are the best. I keep them for use to store my spare drives. Too bad they're the only ones doing this. If they go under, it'll be a sad day for me:(

Newegg uses them too, on some HDD's.

Unfortunate, I've ordered several parts from them and was never disappointed.

Back