Warm? Xonar STX - $151 @ Newegg

Impulse

[H]F Junkie
I know the price of this card tends to fluctuate a bit throughout the year, right now it's $168 and promo code EMCNENF95 will bring that down to $151-ish plus $5 shipping (free for me since I'm enjoying a free 1 yr. Shoprunner trial), the code is valid thru the 10th btw.

Amazon has it at $168 as well, Camelegg indicates the lowest it's ever been at Newegg is like $158 and it hasn't been that low since last September. Highest is $199, usually closer to $180 I guess.

I was planning on getting one later in the year when I upgrade headphones but I guess I might just get it now, I'm just wondering whether anyone's ever seen Newegg run a deeper discount on it (20%?)...

German Muscle

Supreme [H]ardness
I was going to wait till someone on the forums was selling one but they seem to go used at this price. I got one on the way. Awesome card. I have a good set of cans and my on board sound isnt doing it justice. This im sure will bring out the true quality of them. Daniel_K makes drivers for this as well.

BababooeyHTJ

Supreme [H]ardness
Thats tempting, I'm sure that if I sell my Xonar DX and Fiio e9 that I could cover this. I will miss the big volume knob on my desk though.

greens

Limp Gawd
Amazing card. I've had for it for two years now and haven't found anything I would replace it with.

Sage Osaka

Limp Gawd
hmm.... e7/e9 or xonar stx? they would be driving hd650's. what do you guys think?

Impulse

[H]F Junkie
Get a keyboard with a volume knob. :p

<3 my K90's volume drum/roller

I think I'm gonna jump on it, doubt I'll ever see it much cheaper and I'll just end up kicking myself if I wind up buying it for $20-30 more when I upgrade my headphones. Not having to unplug my headphones from an extension cord anymore to switch to the speakers will be nice.

iTravis

Limp Gawd
hmm.... e7/e9 or xonar stx? they would be driving hd650's. what do you guys think?

I got the DX/E9 combo to drive my HD650 and it's been amazing so far. The reason why I didn't go with the STX was because I also wanna switch between my headphone and my Z-5500 and the STX doesn't have 5.1 analog outputs. From what I heard the headphone amp on the STX is powerful enough for the HD650 so if you don't care about analog and wanna save some space on your desk then it's a good choice.