[WARM?] PS3 Slim 160GB + Choice of game - $199 Gamestop

Can't deny that. But it's still a good deal. And just think, you only have to spend like 10-15 min in the store with the cave dwellers that work there, but you save at least $100!

Nice deal. Especially if you don't have Arkham City.

My wife works at GameStop so we picked up a second ps3 for the bedroom, with her discount and coupon we had we spent under 300.

Got the system, bf3, and a headset :p

Seriously? I thought you could play any playstation game in a playstation system. That sucks. It also doesn't make sense, since I play PS1 games on my PS2. Destruction derby RAW will never stop being fun, ever.

Seriously? I thought you could play any playstation game in a playstation system. That sucks. It also doesn't make sense, since I play PS1 games on my PS2. Destruction derby RAW will never stop being fun, ever.

Welcome to 2012, it has been like that for a few years now. Nothing new, only the original playstation 3 played the older games.

Yes all PS3's play 3D BD. The only thing it doesn't do is play PS1 & PS2 games like the fat did.

Thanks. I guess that settles it then, ill be grabbing one when I wake up today. Still waiting on my optima hd33 to get in, so no 3d yet. But when. It does 120" of 3d bluray goodness :)

Why would anyone want a 5 year old console? You'd be laughed at if you were using a 5 year old computer.

Why would anyone want a 5 year old console? You'd be laughed at if you were using a 5 year old computer.

Personally I bought it because it's the best BD player on the market (still). Gaming is a footnote in my list of reasons. But since it can, and it came with a free game, WTH not.

Ugh. I want one but I don't have an extra 200 bucks to burn right now.
Here's hoping it's a sign of a permanent price drop soon.

if it came with a different game then I would be more tempted. I already have Batman AC on the pc and I have no interest in Mortal Kombat Komplete. I guess I could just sell whatever game it comes with though.

In it for the BD player too.
And you can watch your other video format files.
I'm also an Amazon Prime member, and it plays amazon video on demand.
Also, as for PS2 games, You can get a used PS2 for $40 at ebgames.

The system as a whole is well worth $200. There is so much multimedia that one of these can be used for.

My old 80GB with PS2 (software) BC just died :(. I might have to jump on this. I got my old PS3 ripped apart at the moment and was attempting to re-flow it, but one of the damn screws for the heat sink sheared off and I had to drill it out of the heat sink.. I'm not sure it's going to go back together well, lol.

I don't personally care to have another one for games though. I'm working and in school full time right now, but my son still likes to play LBP and it's my only BD-DVD player, so I guess I need to replace it.

Price drop innnncooommmmiinnngggggggggg!!!! 360 is going to drop $50 also.

360 4GB $149
PS3 160GB $199

Plus, can't it fold [H]ard?

It can fold.. but the PS3 has been outpaced by any crappy budget computer (esp. even if it has a Nvidia DX10+ card). I think it tops out at around 800-900 PPD, whereas my older gaming rig in sig can do 30-40k PPD. So it's not really worth the electricity to fold on a PS3 when you can get so much more done on a PC for about the same power draw (if you don't use GPUs anyways).

I traded in a bunch of Xbox 360 stuff (used), bought a used game (AC:Revelations) and used my PowerUp Rewards card and got an extra 60% back on my purchase (ended up coming out to $178 for MK and AC:R + the PS3.) They have some sort of glitch...

I use a 5 year old computer, and I don't give a fuck if you laugh at me because it does everything I ask of it with out hesitation. Including gaming.

its a good deal i paid 300 for my 160gb. I bought it more for the blu ray and media stuff like netflix and file sharing.

One thing to note it does play alot of media formats from your home computers network. But the cinavia software is pretty strict on which way a movie was encoded. (thats all im gonna say mods)

But get lbp2 and a second controller and you will be playing for hours on end trying to 100percent that beast of a game.

I do not find myself being laughed at. I even run one computer that is 10.5 years old now and it does the task its been given just fine.

I've got another computer here I'm using right now that is 6 years old and has just lately become inadequate for the job it is tasked with. It has plenty of RAM (14 GB), but the CPU and disk subsystem is a bit too slow and not worth upgrading. Last year when it was a mere 5 years old it ran just fine.

So sir troll, consider yourself knocked off the bridge and never return to these parts.

lol, how do you end up with 14gb of ram in a 6 year old pc? even high comps from back then only had 4 slots and DDR2 was pricey for 4gb modules plus they were not even common 6 years ago if they were available at all. and it seems odd to upgrade to 3x 4gb stick and 1x 2gb stick. :confused:

I jumped on this last night...paying $199 for a brand new PS3 and the option of just reselling the new game that comes with it to further reduce the cost?

Yes, please!

A console does not age until its replacement is out. It is still new and it is still taken care of and it is still running all the games that come out for it.

Computer change every year, there is about 8-12 months cycle of new cpu's, graphics cards and shit, so no you cant compare a computer to a fucking console. I guess some still don't know the difference between a console and a computer.

Plus 5 years ago the computers are still fine. My i5 running at 4.5ghz will still be smoking fast in 5 years, yea sure I will upgrade the gpu in it and probably will build a new rig and passing this on, but it will still be one hell of a rig.

lol, how do you end up with 14gb of ram in a 6 year old pc? even high comps from back then only had 4 slots and DDR2 was pricey for 4gb modules plus they were not even common 6 years ago if they were available at all. and it seems odd to upgrade to 3x 4gb stick and 1x 2gb stick. :confused:

you can have 14gb in the 6 year old computer (it's a xeon from 2006)
i have a supermicro motherboard in my server and it has 2cpu and 8 rams slot
you can fill up 6x2gb and 2x1gb to be 14gb

you can have 14gb in the 6 year old computer (it's a xeon from 2006)
i have a supermicro motherboard in my server and it has 2cpu and 8 rams slot
you can fill up 6x2gb and 2x1gb to be 14gb

OWNED!! lol

OWNED!! lol
owned? yes I am sure StormUP has a dual socket pc being that those are so common for people that don't upgrade for 6-10 years. plus I gave an example myself but that still does not change the fact that 14gb of ram is an odd amount to end up with especially in an old pc.

Last edited:
Personally I bought it because it's the best BD player on the market (still). Gaming is a footnote in my list of reasons. But since it can, and it came with a free game, WTH not.

Dumbest post so far. Clearly not the best BD player on the market :rolleyes:

I don't play BF3 if that is what you mean. I play the games I find fun, not the games you approve of. I'm not what else you think I would have issue with.

I'm not sure why you're so surprised to get this reaction when you're posting on a forum of hardware enthusiasts who regularly pay $100+ over retail for a new graphics card just cause.

Back