Warm? Predator x34 $1k

Acerrecertified.com had them refurb'd for $730. People say the referbs have a better quality control than the early NIB's

Just upgraded my LG34UC87 to the x34 thanks to Microcenters protection plan (did have an issue, not abusing the system)

It's the best.

If your still looking for a screen there's this one about to come out, for a better price too;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X9CBRTP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Acerrecertified.com had them refurb'd for $730. People say the referbs have a better quality control than the early NIB's

Perhaps better QC, but numerous folks in our own forum had their Acerrecertified.com purchases show up with shoddy packaging which resulted in cracked panels (note: each word is a link to unique example). I got lucky, I suppose; the base on my refurb GN246HL had a couple minor necks on the edges, but it was packed nice and tight. The monitor works just as well as an identical model I purchased NIB.

Last edited:
I had a good experience with my refurb X34 in terms of packaging and it not having any issues out of the box, but it's a roulette game so not everyone always has the same results. After about 6 months I did get 1 dead pixel, it bothered me to no end for a while but fast forward another 3-4 months and I really don't notice it anymore.

I also had a good experience with my Acer recert purchase, but there's a profound number of incidents reported among our own members. Is this a case of a loud minority/silent majority? I can't tell for sure, but I'm here to warn fellow [H]'ers that we at [H] haven't had a very high success rate with Acerrecertified.com in the past.

Just upgraded my LG34UC87 to the x34 thanks to Microcenters protection plan (did have an issue, not abusing the system)

It's the best.

If your still looking for a screen there's this one about to come out, for a better price too;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X9CBRTP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Noice! I'll take the Amazon 8-pack. x )

Seriously though that AOC is a great deal! And it's MVA so twice the contrast ratio of the Acer IPS. Very nice indeed.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
MVA panels ghost on black to white transitions. I notice it every once in a while on certain games. The white cop cars in GTA V at night ghost really bad.

Noice! I'll take the Amazon 8-pack. x )

Ha. 8 of them for $899, count me in!
But seriously, even for one that seems like a hell of a deal. Is VA that much worse in pixel transitions than IPS? I'm wondering how motion would look on this compared to the X34.

pKkJemq.png

Ha. 8 of them for $899, count me in!
But seriously, even for one that seems like a hell of a deal. Is VA that much worse in pixel transitions than IPS? I'm wondering how motion would look on this compared to the X34.

pKkJemq.png

HAHAHA!

Good question, the way I see it the 2x contrast ratio improvement is constant, not sure if the pixel transition would be noticeable.

Back