WARM: Intel C2D E6850 & Asus P5N-E SLI Motherboard @ Fry's $377

i wonder if its possible to call frys and tell them you dont have a frys near you and ask for these prices + shipping.

i wonder if its possible to call frys and tell them you dont have a frys near you and ask for these prices + shipping.

Nope. The reverse (asking the B&M store to price match their web site) doesn't work either, I've tried.

Nope. The reverse (asking the B&M store to price match their web site) doesn't work either, I've tried.

Yeah.. Fry's the store and Fry's the website are essentially two separate entities. Their prices tend to roughly be in line with each other, but I don't even think you can return a Fry's online purchase to a Fry's retail store.

Most Fry's combos are retail CPU's. I've bought a couple from their online store and they have all been retail.

found here http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=32664&adid=4821003&subid=17012746&type=

if the e6850 is only ~$300

why is the X6800 ~$1000

it's slower and on a slower bus?

if the e6850 is only ~$300

why is the X6800 ~$1000

it's slower and on a slower bus?

Because extreme edition processors are sold with the prospect of obscene profits in mind to gullible morons who don't realize that an unlocked multiplier is the only real difference between it and a $700 cheaper CPU.

thanks, i was looking @ the specs and this made no sense to me, now i understand.
e6850 it is !

Back