WARM: Insignia LED 1080p $250 at Best Buy

I'm pretty sure that's the TV my Mom put in her kitchen. It's a really nice set for the money. Matte screen and LED are great for overcoming glare she gets with all the windows. Picture is as good as any of the name brands in that size, including Samsung and Sony which can cost almost $600 sometimes. Insignia also offers a 2 year warranty, where most are only 1. Super low power consumption too, so if you know anyone who's still holding on to an old CRT in the kitchen or bedroom this is the set for them. Probably pay for itself in energy savings.

I'm pretty sure that's the TV my Mom put in her kitchen. It's a really nice set for the money. Matte screen and LED are great for overcoming glare she gets with all the windows. Picture is as good as any of the name brands in that size, including Samsung and Sony which can cost almost $600 sometimes. Insignia also offers a 2 year warranty, where most are only 1. Super low power consumption too, so if you know anyone who's still holding on to an old CRT in the kitchen or bedroom this is the set for them. Probably pay for itself in energy savings.

Haa! I like my 96 watt 31" CRT in the bedroom and my 27" flat screen Panasonic in the family room. But I really love my 300+ (depending on settings) watt 50" plasma in the theater room.

You know, classic console games just look like ass on anything but a nice CRT! NES, SNES, Genisis, N64, Gamecube, Wii. Long live CRT's!!!

Back