Warm : i7 2700k = 2600k

at this point, might as well wait to see if sb prices drop some

at this point, might as well wait to see if sb prices drop some

That's what I am doing. I am just waiting for that $200 2600K deal to pop up again and I am all over it. Or 2500K at $150.

C'mon Microcenter!

Prices will drop as soon as people stop buying 'em and right now I dont see that stopping too soon, not to mention those Ivy Bridge reviews showing those chips running hotter than SB's at least when overclocked (and isnt that the whole point of these die shrinks for enthusiasts - more headroom?). I'm kind of glad I jumped on the 2600k 7 or 8 months ago instead of waiting for IB because the performance jump from the i7-2600k to say the 3570k isn't all that exciting. Of course if I was building new then it would be IB all the way.

And for anyone still on the Bloomfield gen like the i7-9xx then IB is a no brainer.

(and isnt that the whole point of these die shrinks for enthusiasts - more headroom?)

That is probably the last consideration. Probably one of the biggest is more dies per wafer so cheaper production cost

Can we just have a master "HAHAHAHAHA TWO THIRDS OF THE COUNTRY DOESN'T HAVE MICROCENTER, LOOK AT THESE PRICES YOU PLEBEIAN SWINE" tread so you guys can shove all these glorious deals in our faces in just the one thread instead of 15 or 16 a week?

Those waiting for price drops might want to just suck it up and buy. You won't regret it, even at current prices. I suspect that is why the prices aren't dropping. The product is simply selling too well.

Back