Warm? i3-4150 $99.99 at amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been suggesting this one to people at PCP (the web site obviously...) for their builds before this thread even popped up actually.

Pity they won't listen. This beats the crap out of most AMD's for gaming price/performance considering the deal on the Gigabyte 85 board (which according to their spec sheet officially supports this CPU).

I've been suggesting this one to people at PCP (the web site obviously...) for their builds before this thread even popped up actually.

Pity they won't listen. This beats the crap out of most AMD's for gaming price/performance considering the deal on the Gigabyte 85 board (which according to their spec sheet officially supports this CPU).

Think it would be better then a "Pentium" G3258 overclocked? I was able to get that CPU with a motherboard for $100.

Think it would be better then a "Pentium" G3258 overclocked? I was able to get that CPU with a motherboard for $100.

I think that depends which games you play. Many games can take advantage of 4 threads, but not all of them. For general purpose use, I'd rather have more threads.

IMHO, if you got the Pentium combo for $100 and the i3 combo is $150, it certainly isn't +$50 better...

Last edited:
"Not compatible with Intel motherboards" huh...really?

Intel is getting out of the motherboard business and as a result BIOS and other updates may not happen so no guarantee's on CPU and chipset compatibility on the mobo's still out there so they put this on all their chips for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back