Warm? G620T 35W + ECS H61 board $119 after $10 MIR

/dev/null

[H]F Junkie
Link

I believe this is a 35W dual core and cpubenchmark.net has it roughly Equivalent to an E8400. Anyone seen reviews of this CPU? I wonder what power usage I could get with say 1 low rpm hard drive or SSD and underclocking/undervolting the CPU.

Could I get the whole box down to 10-15w ?

Xbitlabs has one of the most comprehensive reviews on the Sandy Bridge Pentiums: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/pentium-g850-g840-g620.html

Before they did the review, most of the information/benches I had to gleam from Chinese review sites. Other sites generally don't seem to be interested in them. I think there's a G620T review somewhere on the Chinese ones. From the reviews above, the G620 is benched, the G620T might be below that level but would make for a great HTPC build. Bear in mind that the SB Pentiums have a lower onboard video (compared to i3) and lack of Quicksync.
does not support the following technologies: Intel Quick Sync Video, InTru 3D, Clear Video HD, Wireless Display, and it doesn't support 3D Video or 3D graphics acceleration.

Too bad Intel won't let us overclock those low end CPUs anymore.

I should add though, for anybody considering one of these for an HTPC, I recommend it completely.

I've used tons of hardware over the years in my three HTPCs, including all sorts of integrated video and discrete graphics, and both powerful and weak CPUs, but I have never been happier with the balance of power, efficiency, and compatibility of my i3 2400 and H67 chipset mobo.

I was having a lot of compatibility problems using the HDMI output of both a 785G and an 880G mobo with my Phillips LCD for some reason, but the intel HDMI works flawlessly.

I think that's going to be a pretty standard price.

Personally I'd go for the 2100 for the same price, just down clock the 2100 and turn HT off. Then you basically have a G series with better graphics.

The intel HD isn't that great, I don't see why Intel gimped the G's so bad.

They really should have flipped it around where the K's had the gimped graphics and the others had the 3000 series.

I think that's going to be a pretty standard price.

Personally I'd go for the 2100 for the same price, just down clock the 2100 and turn HT off. Then you basically have a G series with better graphics.

The intel HD isn't that great, I don't see why Intel gimped the G's so bad.

They really should have flipped it around where the K's had the gimped graphics and the others had the 3000 series.

I was under the impression that the i3-2100 (cpu alone) was around that price, not CPU+motherboard. Link(s)?

And Microcenter is 1.5 hours away....Fry's is an hour away.

This is kind of negative on the G620T: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=20523711#post20523711

If the i3 2100 + mobo is still $100, it looks like a better deal with a little underclocking (lower top multiplier in BIOS). If the system will just be running light loads, it's not even necessary to underclock it. The models all idle at low frequency anyways and task power is more efficient at higher speed.

Back