Warhammer: Vermintide 2

The devs appear to be listening primarily to the very top handful of very vocal players in regards to balance and difficulty in gameplay as if this were some competitive mp game. So to make the game more accessible, it seems they decided to add what amounts to free loot in the last patch. Fart and get a loot box, accidentally drop a cannon ball on a few skaven heads and get another loot box, play in the nude and get another. j/k on that last one, at least I think I am.

I would rather they just quit nerfing/buffing everything to please a handful of players while ignoring the rest. That and I wish they would work on bugs and glitches b4 they started mucking with balance issues that only really exist in the heads of players more concerned with kill counts than completing the level.
Rant over, still mostly enjoying the game. Just venting here.

I put a couple of hundred hours into the game. very happy with it overall. have not played it for the past couple of weeks, although the last patch does seem interesting. The loot stuff, much of it appears to be one time? Really though the game has a steep learning curve. New players playing recruit are going to have the worst weapons, weakest characters and be teamed with other idiots and will likely consistently fail. I don't see an issue handing out more loot to give a leg up on people starting out.

For the other issues... sure, bug fixing would be good, but so will be dedicated servers, whenever they come out. The weapon balancing, eh, I am fine with that. It probably is just tweaking numbers in a spreadsheet and not any type of heavy time investment. I am sure they are working their priorities list, but it is a small team working on what became a super successful game and trying to maintain the momentum.

This video review got me to buy the game, it's on sale this weekend, only $8, installing now.

Been playing this game a lot in the last few months. Really fun game with tons of reply value. Bots also aren't to bad to play with as they also use your characters equipment. Latest patch added a roguelike game mode which ramps up difficulty over time.

Can't wait for Darktide (basically this game but in 40k universe).

A friend bought this title for me when it was on sale for $8. We've literally been playing this every day we're both free since. I didn't like Left 4 Dead anywhere near as much as I like this. If anyone half-way decent at it wants to join in on our sessions for 3 or 4 players PM me so we can exchange Steam IDs.

Lots of changes since I played at original launch. Played with some buddies last night. Still an excellent game.

Graphics are still top shelf. That game engine they used should be used more broadly. It was gorgeous playing on my c2 42” OLED

Lots of changes since I played at original launch. Played with some buddies last night. Still an excellent game.

Graphics are still top shelf. That game engine they used should be used more broadly. It was gorgeous playing on my c2 42” OLED
Yep, the game looks great on max settings at 1440p or above. The best part is you really only need a GTX 1070/R9 290/390X to play it at 1440p/60.

And even better, it's a blast to play with friends. If anyone wants to play on a regular DM me - I run a Discord server with people that play this, as well as Factorio. As long as you're not a tool I'll be happy to give you an invite.

Wow... that is awesome. If even 20% of that new install base plays consistently that'll breathe new life (mayyybe?!) into multiplayer, for sure.

Back