Warhammer 40,000 Dark Millennium Online E3 2010 Trailer

is this going to have fpsmmo elements? at one point int he movie you see a circle like reticle on the screen as the guys shooting a gun. If it is a fpsmmo I hope they do it right (hellgate made me scared of fpsmmo games lol)

Should be interesting, the scale of the fights will be the decider for me, Warhammer Online manages a couple of hundred at peak, planetside could peak to 400, so I'm hoping at least this mark, if it's gimped down to something crap then I'll wait for Planetside 2 :)

Day 1 Purchase.

I know, its stupid to purchase without looking, but for 40k universe?

LOL, I don't have a chance at logic with this one.

I doubt those walkers things are player controlled...they don't look like they are part of the scene..more like a backdrop to it in a lot of the video. Plus the size of them in comparison to the other vehicles you see that are obviously controlled.

But the first link has the game classified as "RTS"..

Looks like it could be neat though, definitely need to see more information on this game because Warhammer Online has made me skeptical....

holy crap that looks better than i expected! Once I heard there was a 40k mmo in the works I got psyched. Might be the first MMO I truly give a chance!

trailer looks beasty, but i haven't played other warhammer games...any comments on the series?

This looks like everything I have been hoping for.

My predictions from the video:

3rd person, squad-based, action RPG. This looks like it would be similar to playing Dawn of War 2, controlling just one squad at a time with the camera fixed on the squad leader (you). It's a great way to balance the races/classes since the power discrepancy is so great, again just like in the DoW series.

I'd imagine that since only 1/3 or less of the units in battle are actually player controlled, they could get away with much larger battle sizes. I'm very excited about this game, but the wait will be brutal (2012 estimate).

Keep in mind, E3 videos are just like theatrical trailers. They can make ANYTHING look good with the right music and some decent editing.

I'll keep an eye on it....

Looks DOPE though doesn't it?

Kinda disappointed it isn't a Dark Heresy Online or something similar. That video pretty much looks like a reskin of WoW, although if there's a few more years to go it could get better.

Really though, I just want a new DE codex before that game launches :p

Cool to see Titans stomping around but I do hope they are for more than simple eye candy. On a side note, they also released a Warhammer 40,000K: Space Marine video but that seems relegated to consoles only now.

Cool to see Titans stomping around but I do hope they are for more than simple eye candy. On a side note, they also released a Warhammer 40,000K: Space Marine video but that seems relegated to consoles only now.

Both games look equally awesome, I'll buy both on the first day. I've been wanting to stomp around as a Space Marine forever :D

Damn it, this may be the first MMO that I have even the remotest interest in playing (i.e. I'm not even interested in Old Republic).

lol at kids comparing Warhammer 40k to WoW. There is so much more back story to the 40k universe than WoW could ever imagine.

Both games look equally awesome, I'll buy both on the first day. I've been wanting to stomp around as a Space Marine forever :D

Too bad you won't be anywhere near the storyline Marine. Otherwise the gameplay would be super imbalanced. :D

It'd be cool if the game revolved around you leading a squad of AI controlled NPCs.

That would be Nirvana for me as well.

lol at kids comparing Warhammer 40k to WoW. There is so much more back story to the 40k universe than WoW could ever imagine.

I believe they are referring more to the general look and feel from those videos.

I believe they are referring more to the general look and feel from those videos.

Unfortunately, WoW is the 800lbs Gorilla in the room and every MMO that's going to be released in the near future with be compared to the Blizzard juggernaut. As for the Universe and story, I'm going to say that a majority of the WoW players out there don't realize that the Warcraft and Starcraft Universes we influenced by what Games Workshop created many years earlier. My nerd rage goes into over drive when I see people say that the Warhammer games are just generic ripoffs of the what Blizzard has already done :mad:

Looks more like war hammer to me.. Just with more guns and different armor.

Check out this interview on Massively.com

Cliff-notes:
1) The game is running on the same engine used for Darksiders.
2) They do not currently have a playable demo, but they have finalized the 'feel' of the game as far as visuals.
3) They're working very closely with Games Workshop on the story/setting/etc to make sure it adheres to existing canon.
4) They will be at GenCon in August.
5) They are aiming to release in Q1 2013 :( but they have THQ's blessing to take a "it's done when it's done" approach.

So judging from the trailer there is 3 playable factions.. If so that makes a great PVP game. (Anyone from DaoC will know this). I hate 2 sides only in MMO's.. makes less PVP.. and more zergs.

Check out this interview on Massively.com

Cliff-notes:
1) The game is running on the same engine used for Darksiders.
2) They do not currently have a playable demo, but they have finalized the 'feel' of the game as far as visuals.
3) They're working very closely with Games Workshop on the story/setting/etc to make sure it adheres to existing canon.
4) They will be at GenCon in August.
5) They are aiming to release in Q1 2013 :( but they have THQ's blessing to take a "it's done when it's done" approach.

lost interest when I read the 2013 bit. I think that is too far off and this game will suffer from being in development too long. I think a lot of these mmos would benefit from releasing more polished games with less content and then rapidly building on it. instead we get companies always trying to release megaton mmos and the whole games are fucked up and customers leave like crazy. or they just release shit like star trek online and ruin a perfectly good ip...
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

So judging from the trailer there is 3 playable factions.. If so that makes a great PVP game. (Anyone from DaoC will know this). I hate 2 sides only in MMO's.. makes less PVP.. and more zergs.

I have a feeling it will be the same as age of reckoning, with orks,chaos etc as the bad guys and the humans and eldar as good guys. But it would be great if there were more than 2.

Sucks the game is 3 years away from release. That is a long time in PC Gaming.

- WoW will finally be slowing down by then, will be on their last, and 5th expansion to Level cap 100.

- StarWars TOR will be the top MMO, and into it's first expansion

- Blizzard will just about to be releasing their all new IP and 2nd MMO

Interest could be maintained if the release quality standalone products in the interim. Imagine a well done RPG based along an Inquisitor storyline or a high quality remake of Final Liberation.

Oh...I need a towel...

My nerd rage goes into over drive when I see people say that the Warhammer games are just generic ripoffs of the what Blizzard has already done

Indeed. Even more so when people say the Zerg could take the 'nids. Really now? Starcraft is such a watered-down version of 40K and Warcraft of regular Warhammer.

Back