want to buy bluetooth headphones for cell/computer

frankyk

Gawd
any suggestions on bluetooth headphones that work for both my computer and cellphone? my cellphone is the lg vx8300.

what's the going price on these anyway? i saw some at fry's for $100.00 but i think it's a little overpriced.

If your'e actually looking for headphones there are somethings you need to make sure about your phone first.

That it supports
A2DL (stereo protcol)
and hopefully (for convenience sake) AVRCP (audio/video remote control protocol)
Bluetooth 1.1 or above.

These are items in the Bluetooth protocol stack that are necessary for most bluetooth headphones to be used to their maximum capactiy.

I am personally using the Jabra BT 620's. They are good and for the most part easy to use/wear. My only problem with them thus far is lack of deeper bass response.

The mic is good for calls and answering calls is easy. Raising/lowering volume, skipping tracks, and everything else is easy to use as well. It comes with a USB cable to specifically connect them to a PC, but if you're willing to spend more cash you can get a bluetooth hub (from Jabra) and connect them wirelessly.

Another option is the Motorola HT 820. Beware of knockoffs on eBay though, I bought a pair and was met up with a fake set. These are very similar to the Jabra's in their fuctions. In fact all the buttons are in the exact same locations.

To buy either of these retail is arround $100-$120. If you buy them via mwave or newegg they are in a more manageable $70-$80 price range.

For reference I'm using a LG VX8500.
Hope this helps.

Edit: Personally my recomendation is to buy two sets of headphones. One for computer use, and one for use with your mobile phone and/or mp3 player. However for mobile phones I do like the Jabra's.

great information..

do you know of any bluetooth speakers that are avail?

2.1 would be sufficient.. be very handy for my laptop

ty

Tekara said:
I use the Sony DS970s which are a earbud w/ pendant setup. They work great with both my cell and my laptop.

One thing I will say though is be prepared to spend some time with the bluetooth on your computer. The latest stack from widcomm is about the only stack able to work well with A2DP. And to get them installed onto the computer will require a little "creativity."

This is why I recommend seperate headphones for use with a computer vs cell phone or other media players.

It's not impossible though, it's just that you should be the type that likes to fiddle with things to get them to work 100%.

jebo_4jc said:
Are you sure you want to mess with Bluetooth? It's been my experience that BT can be a major pain.

I picked up these for running with my cell:
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=202755562&SearchEngine=Froogle&SearchTerm=202755562&Type=PE&Category=Elec&dcaid=17379

Much cheaper, and less hassle. And they sound pretty good being in-the-ear variety.

Because my cellphone requires a proprietary port (using the "data" port) it's a pain to use cabled headphones. First I would have to use the data port to 2.5 connection, and then if it's not headphones that use a 2.5 connection I have to use a 2.5 to 3.5 converter. Forget the fact that it's hard to keep the cable plugged into the data port and I'm always worried about it messing up while moving especially while in the leather pouch.

If my phone had a 3.5 or even a 2.5 jack instead of only the 'data' port regular headphones or even just cabled headphones would be an option.

Back