Walmart is selling Gateway PCs and no the year is not 1999

My high school had Gateway machines. I remember the huge pile of cow-colored boxes when they showed up. I was "lucky" enough to have a Packard Bell that was filled with enough bloat and junk to make Samsung jealous.

They don't look half bad. If Acer still owns them though, wonder what they're thinking with the product segments and brand differentiation? I would think they would have the gateway lineup for the old timers and casual users and the Acer lineup for more of the "Creative" type. Heh. Cool to see the cow pattern again though, for the 3rd time that I can remember.

This is interesting to see it revived. Back in 2008-ish (?), we used Gateway where I worked. It was all going fine until they sold off their Business Support to a company that promptly went bankrupt and closed. D'oh!

I had a Gateway as a kid. Loved that thing.

I remember going to the local Gateway retail store (yes those existed) and saw one of their laptops that looked incredible. It had a screen to the right of the num-pad and had media control buttons. I still haven't been able to find it or a picture of it since then.

Back