• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wall-mounted stereo computer speakers [~150$ max]

crun

n00b
Joined
Nov 23, 2013
Messages
32
Hey.

I would like to replace my Fujitsu Sound System DS S2100 (received as gift some time ago). I need an advice on what speakers (studio monitors?) to buy.

Some key points of what I expect:
  • stereo speakers, either 2.0 or 2.1 (I have a nice spot for a subwoofer now)
  • front bass reflex (speakers will be wall mounted)
  • no humming or any other noise while speakers are idling (i am sensitive on coil, tv whine etc)
  • speakers will be used for quiet listening and will be situated approximately 1m from my head. I will rarely use a quarter of its power probably
  • will be used mainly for watching movies and series, but also gaming and music
  • long cable is required or easy, affordable cable replacement at least (will need about 5 meters because I want to hide the cable nicely)
  • remote control would be nice
  • I expect clear sound from it. With my current speakers I have troubles understanding dialogues.
  • will be plugged to Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic (probably will upgrade it soon too, I want to be able to plug both speakers and headset to it)
  • about 150-200$ max, possibly less
  • smaller and lighter means cheaper mounting solution (so let's say more moneyz for speakers)

I have considered few options, but there is always "something":
- Microlab Solo 6C - rear front bass refles
- Edifier 2.0 R1600TIII - I fear it might be hard to mount them
- Edifier 2.0 R2600 - short, custom cable + noise

Please, help. Hopefuly speakers you recommend will be available in Poland (and in affordable price)
 
The microlabs may be your best bet. One of the very few sets with a remote control.
 
Your only good options are in passive speakers. Using computer speakers for this purpose carries no advantages.
 
$150 ~


polk T15 speakers (I own these... not using them now but they are pretty decent and are on sale for $49.98~ now at bb)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/5-1-4-b...=1207956903491&skuId=8828012&st=t15&cp=1&lp=1

however they are passive so you'd need an amp...

$99~ Gracedigital GDI-BTAR122

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1630083462&pf_rd_i=507846


on the upside you could use that with your smrt phone (or other Bluetooth devices).. and i has a remote I have heard good reports from people that have tried the GD amp.. there is also a more powerful version that would be better but put you over budget.


if you could live without the remote you could do this much cheaper with a Lepai 2020A+
http://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-LP-2020A-Lepai-Amplifier-Shipping/dp/B00C2P61FO/ref=pd_cp_e_0
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top