• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

W7 SP1 on TechNet?

No problems with SP1 so far. However, before my update, some of my side bar widgets were misbehaving causing a sever memory leak. It happens out of the blue...
 
For me removing the ei.cfg does not seem to let me select the version? Anybody else have this using the vl media?
 
For me removing the ei.cfg does not seem to let me select the version? Anybody else have this using the vl media?

I would suspect a potential corrupted piece of media in that situation. ALL the ISOs will work with any given key as the key determines what actual edition is to be installed. If removing the ei.cfg (not just editing it but deleting it completely from the ISO or the installation media if you're extracting the files from the ISO to a USB stick, etc) isn't causing that menu to appear, I wouldn't trust that ISO or those files as something appears to be borked...
 
Well I got the isos from VLSC so I guess they must be different to the technet ones, the ms part numbers for mine are

x32 X17-28595
x64 X17-28603

I guess I will have to grab the technet ones off the net somewhere and use those. I have checked the ones on MAPS and they have not published SP1 bits on there yet.
 
Ok, I finally got this to install. I tried a bunch of things at once, so I'm not sure what fixed it...

1. Uninstalled IE9, allowed Windows update to patch up the newly restored IE8.
2. Opened up a command prompt and ran SFC /SCANNOW
3. Uninstalled ATi's display driver.
4. Rebooted and installed SP1.


Edit 1: New problem! I have some applications that now outright refuse to start after updating to SP1. Both WinRAR and DVDFab silently fail when I attempt to launch them. I double-click their icons, mouse cursor changes to the loading circle, then...nothing. The app doesn't start.

Edit 2: Most Control Panel applets are behaving the same way. Zune wont start, neither will Windows Calculator or a number of other apps. Looks like I'm uninstalling the service pack AGAIN because it still doesn't work right.

Edit 3: SP1 uninstalled, everything works correctly again...
 
Last edited:
I've been running the integrated SP1 release from a month ago and it's been flawless.
 
I'm installing Windows 7 in a VM so I can try setting up SP1 on a totally clean install. I gotta say, at this point, I don't have high hopes for this...
 
So far so good on my end: My personal desktop which is below in my sig, and 2 Windows 2008 R2 servers at work. One running just plain 2008 r2 which is a member server hosting a filmaker database that four people connect to. One Windows 2008 R2 Server that is a GDC/DC with Backup Exec 2010 R2. None of our Windows 2k8 R2 server are running virtual stuff that is included with 2008 R2.

I will deploy SP1 to the other three finance servers once I check the compatability of our financial package against the ms notes....I don't see any major issues though...

EDIT: Just checked our vendor (Blackbaud) and they now fully support SP1 (And SP2 for Windows server 2008) SO I will allow the machines to autoupdate themselves.
 
Last edited:
Tried running the SP1 patch downloaded from Technet on one of my computer's Win 7 Ultimate x64 and it failed. Got to the reboot, finishing the install, then switched to install failed and uninstalled itself. I recall having problems making one of the Vista SP patches work on a computer. Anyone know the trick to it?
 
Is there any legit place I can download Windows 7 Ultimate with Service Pack 1 (x64) - DVD (English) - SHA1: 1693B6CB50B90D96FC3C04E4329604FEBA88CD51 from what isn't a place I have to pay/ is legit?
 
Back
Top