Hi,
My company recently aquired a bunch of IBM x335s. I'm trying to move a 2.8Ghz CPU into another server with the same CPU so making it dual. Some of the servers are dual 2.0 Ghz CPUs so they have the VRM with them. My question is, can I use the VRM from a 2.0 Ghz machine for a 2.8 Ghz CPU? I've got everything all set but didn't want to power up the machine in case the VRM would damage the CPU.
BTW Socket 604
Thanks.
My company recently aquired a bunch of IBM x335s. I'm trying to move a 2.8Ghz CPU into another server with the same CPU so making it dual. Some of the servers are dual 2.0 Ghz CPUs so they have the VRM with them. My question is, can I use the VRM from a 2.0 Ghz machine for a 2.8 Ghz CPU? I've got everything all set but didn't want to power up the machine in case the VRM would damage the CPU.
BTW Socket 604
Thanks.