VR headset for virtual showroom?

Let me start by saying I have zero experience with anything VR. But my bosses think I am a tech wizard because I build my own computers and can run/program CNC machines. Well they came up with an idea of creating a virtual showroom to display all of our products. We have a couple of salesmen that travel to a trade show every 2-3 weeks. They would like to use a relatively cheap VR headset so they can have 3 or 4 of them at a show instead of shipping and assembling large products to every show. Plus the majority of the buyers that get sent to our trade shows are getting younger and younger(35 and below), so we are looking to be the first in our industry to use VR for marketing.

After some quick googling, I think the Samsung Gear VR with a Galaxy S6 would be our cheapest option and be portable with out needing to be tethered to a PC. Would it be fine to have a full 360 degree interactive view of our products? Like if the potential customer looks at a certain area, a pop out information box comes up and recorded audio plays about a feature until they look at a different feature on a product?

I am open to any and all suggestions as to what hardware(preferably portable and not tied to a PC). Any cameras? Software? Literally anything that could help.

Back