- Joined
- Jul 5, 2005
- Messages
- 2,571
I am a nework novice. Basic router configuration, wireless, and portforwording are about the extent of my knowledge. I want to be able to VPN into my home network from work, yea I know thats backwards to most people. I also want something better then a NAT for a firewall, something that will mask my open ports, I know this is posible but dont know what does it. I do not want to build a router because I do not want to take the time to learn more linux then I already know and I want something that I can learn so that I can use it in a few of my customers places who need more then a NAT for a firewall.
I want to spend less the $300. What should I be looking for? Would something like this fit my bill?
How about these:
1. Linksys with Gigabit
2. I dont really know anthing about these guys but I hear alot of good stuff about SonicWALL
3. And what is the real difference between that sonicWall and this one?
Oh and I guess this is possible but I need to be able to vpn from a computer with just software not hardware at my work end. That my be a dumb statement but like I said I dont really know how a VPN gets accessed. I am a quick study however
Thanks for the help.
And if any of you have one of these or any that will work for me that is used and for sale hook a brother up!
I want to spend less the $300. What should I be looking for? Would something like this fit my bill?
How about these:
1. Linksys with Gigabit
2. I dont really know anthing about these guys but I hear alot of good stuff about SonicWALL
3. And what is the real difference between that sonicWall and this one?
Oh and I guess this is possible but I need to be able to vpn from a computer with just software not hardware at my work end. That my be a dumb statement but like I said I dont really know how a VPN gets accessed. I am a quick study however
Thanks for the help.
And if any of you have one of these or any that will work for me that is used and for sale hook a brother up!