Vote for your favorite company!

What is your favorite GPU company?

• Total voters

Aus10

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello, I had this idea and I'm sure it has happened before but I havn't seen one so here it is

VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE GPU COMPANY!

I thought that this would be a good thread because 1. It shows everyone who hasn't been in computers for awhile what companys are highly recommened. 2. I just think it would be cool to see which company is top and which should be avoived. It would be neat for people just starting to see for example Asus is really good and Msi isnt as good.

I cant control anything but please don't quote a lot and just post a Yay or Nay story about your company. Dont start arguement. Cross warned me these usually go bad so we will see...

Anyways so vote on Hardforum!

I am sure i am missing a few but i figured these were pretty common ones...

I prefer EVGA as I have had good luck with them.......but I will buy another brand if its significantly cheaper....like $50.00 or more..otherwise, Ill stick with what I know

same. I've had 3x eVGA cards, two were RMA's well after 2 years. Lifetime warranty is worth it. Of course XFX has that, but I think their cards are junk.
As far as ATI, I've heard great things about Sapphire...but you should of split this into ATI vendors and NVIDIA vendors. I get the feeling its not normally the same.

same. I've had 3x eVGA cards, two were RMA's well after 2 years. Lifetime warranty is worth it. Of course XFX has that, but I think their cards are junk.
As far as ATI, I've heard great things about Sapphire...but you should of split this into ATI vendors and NVIDIA vendors. I get the feeling its not normally the same.

Im sorry I didnt know how first time making a poll. I dont know if i can change it either Ill try!

hard to say since i've had goods and bads with most of them.. but i'd have to lean toward MSI because of some of the cards they have been coming out with recently have interested me a lot more then any of the other companies. if only i had the money to actually be able to buy anything though.

EVGA. By Far... XFX Should have there Graphic Card making privledges revoked. Since they make mostly shit. And Shit Promo Vids.

I've been using MSI's Radeon offerings for a few years now with some issues which were quickly resolved through RMAs. I've used Gainward, Diamond and Matrox in the past but my favorite was 3dfx. R.I.P.

BTW, Gigabyte is missing from the list.

I have only boughten 1 card ever, a EVGA 8800GT, when it was new. EVGA has RMA'ed it 3 times now i have a 9800GTX+. when this one dies they will no questions give me something newer to play with. So when i get my new card it will without a doubt be a EVGA, cant beat the service.

If I had to pick one it'd have to be ASUS, for custom cards. For reference, Sapphire for AMD cards and Nvidia, from whoever I can get the best price on (warranty doesn't matter to me).

I've only ever had exp with XFX cards, they shipped me a replacement overnight when the capacitor on my 4 year old card blew. And upgraded to the newest model...fantastic stuff! Definitely checking out other offerings soon though.

eVGA. Because of them, I can now only buy nVidia cards (unless if they go make AMD cards... or slide down to become a crap company, like XFX).

I've really been diggin MSI's cards lately. Great cards, great factory OC's, good looks and cooling solutions (twin Frozr series), and a warranty based on the serial #.

I used to like XFX, especially their XXX and black edition series, but their customer support is seriously lacking. Sent in an RMA in December, granted it was around Christmas time, (they received it Dec. 23rd), but they have yet to approve it and send the card back.
It was a weird clocking issue with the card not going into the 3rd performance state, but damn, give me back my damn GPU already!

EDIT: I also really like Evga and their customer support. The only thing I don't like is that you can't transfer the warranty.

I like both EVGA and Galaxy, but I must say Galaxy wins when it comes to making its own custom cooler design. EVGA sticks to the standard cooler for most if not all of its cards.

Many companies today are coming out with those 2-3 fans cooler, Galaxy had that cooler where you could flip the fan open which makes easy for cooling, and ZOTEC had some GTX 580 with the water cooling set. Would be nice to see EVGA using some custom coolers too.

I know I'm sorry I thought I had gigabyte on there.... I'm sorry should I make a new one with it?...

MSI seems to be making the best cards right now. Twin-Frozr 2's are reference boards with slick looking, solid coolers on. And the Twin-Frozr 3/Lightning and the Ligthning XE are improved designs. My first next card is probably going to be an MSI.

Voted EVGA for reliability and confidence.

MSI has great non reference performers, but their reference cards are bad and their warranty is le terrible. If MSI had EVGA's warranty, i would have 3 gtx580 lightning XE's by now.

I bought an MSI 6950 last spring, it was the cheapest 6950 at the time. It performed and overclocked great, it ended up dying so I tried to RMA. They were OOS because of the bitcoin craze, and they paid me back in cash my original purchase price, pretty top notch RMA IMO

I bought an MSI 6950 last spring, it was the cheapest 6950 at the time. It performed and overclocked great, it ended up dying so I tried to RMA. They were OOS because of the bitcoin craze, and they paid me back in cash my original purchase price, pretty top notch RMA IMO

Really? Didn't know they went that far, that's pretty nice.

Since this is in the video card section, I will ignore the repeated problems I've had with their motherboards, and vote for Asus.

I haven't had an issue with any of my Asus video cards, and my V6800 Deluxe was one of my all time favorites. My current Asus 6950 unlocked and runs 900MHz core @ stock 1.1v.

Ya I see MSI will come on top followed by ASUS or EVGA.

Digging the new 7970...but too much for my wallet ha

I don't actually have a brand loyalty when it comes to buying graphics cards, but If I had to pick one out of all the various ones I've bought / used, I guess I'd pick Sapphire for their Vapor-X series. I've had /used cards from ATI directly, HIS, Sapphire, I think a PowerColor/Tul one, TNT/Trident, VIA, ...

No Gigabyte in the list?

Although I have bought EVGA since 2008, I would look at what Gigabyte had to offer once in a while.

It was XFX until they downgraded their warranty policy.

Last edited:
The poll so far pretty much summarizes what you see on the forums anyway. XFX mainly stays in because of the goodwill it had built up in the past, but the top 3 are always consistent (Asus, MSi, eVGA).

The poll so far pretty much summarizes what you see on the forums anyway. XFX mainly stays in because of the goodwill it had built up in the past, but the top 3 are always consistent (Asus, MSi, eVGA).

I'm acutally really suprized to see Sapphire so low on the poll, I always thought of them as the budget euthisiest card maker and their reviews on the egg are always rather positive.

Back