Voodoo5 6k Water Cooled

Voodoo 3 (which I gave away to a user here on [H], I hope it's enjoy a nice life!) was the shit, at least to me. Got home, dropped that bad boy into my rig and played Longbow 2 for hours. 3dfx + LB2 = teh goodness.

yea it was a sad day when i replaced my Voodoo5 5500 with a Radian 9000 XD and it was faster

take a look at the molex connector screwed in the card for power lol. reminds me of the the older TV's with antenna connectors

New test with new tubes but same results for the max frequency: 201 MHz

Pictures:

708183Legendnt1.jpg

301583Legendnt2.jpg

778229Legendnt3.jpg

824698Legendnt4.jpg

554279Legendnt5.jpg

401286Legendnt6.jpg

What amazes me moreso than this cool mod is what people will do for something that is rare. Here we have a GPU that gets spanked by the GeForce 3, doesn't have hardware T&L, and would sell for about $10 shipped based purely on performance (on a good day), and people are going crazy over it making a custom WB. I mean kudos for being the first quad GPU and the only quad GPU on a single PCB, but IDK, isn't this a bit much? I got into computer hardware some time around 2004 so I don't have the nostalgia, maybe that's why.

what do you mean maybe thats why. of course thats why. did you also know people drive around crappy old cars that cost $100,000? cripes. you dont need to act obtuse, just say you don't get it and move on, or better yet don't bother to reply when there's nothing to add

Back