Volta GDDR6 release in May?

I am quite certain no consumer Volta parts will release before sept/oct or later.

GV104 may also use GDDR5X at 12 or 14Ghz.

The article is also filled with crap that looks brewing on already known information. AMD have nothing to do with Volta launch either. But the upgrade/revenue momentum.

GDDR6 is also just a standardization of GDDR5X.

And Hynix..the rear end of memory makers currently ;)

"The news is circulating..."

Among who, besides the WCCFTech ouroboros that has infected the tech news world with their clickbait nonsense that even "reputable" sites like Tom's and Guru3D are now reposting?

"...but with the newly launched AMD high-speed graphic chips..."

Please. AMD isn't even a blip on NVIDIA's radar anymore. AMD is going on 3 generations behind in the graphics technology department by the time Vega launches, at which point they might be only 1 generation behind.

gtc-2017-nvidia-keynote

https://www.tickcounter.com/countdo...idget&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=widget

NVIDIA’s GTC 2017 Keynote Here For Volta, Supercomputing & More – 9 AM PT May 10th

http://wccftech.com/watch-nvidias-gtc-2017-keynote-volta-supercomputing-9-pt-may-10th/

Well if we interpet the roadmap literally, Volta GTX will be out mid-2018 going by Pascal's position on the chart.

ro7xe3w.png

v100 is announced

And its a huge chip!

Tensor core

~7 tflops of DP.

Still using Samsung for HBM

it's on a new process and 800+mm? that is crazy! i'm sure we'll see a lot of cut down versions on that gpu.

it's on a new process and 800+mm? that is crazy! i'm sure we'll see a lot of cut down versions on that gpu.
its not a new process, this is still "16nm FF+" aka 20nm finfet but just refined and improved so they felt the need to rebadge it for the wow factor. I presume TSMC has hired someone from AMD marketing

Amazing!! Nvidia continues to just absolutely DESTROY AMD hahah! They have no answer to this and probably never will.

its not a new process, this is still "16nm FF+" aka 20nm finfet but just refined and improved so they felt the need to rebadge it for the wow factor. I presume TSMC has hired someone from AMD marketing
Techpowerups article is saying 12nm
"it's built on TSMC's 12 nm FF process (evolving from Pascal's 16 nm FF); and measures a staggering 815 mm² (from the P100's 610 mm².) "

Do we know how much nvidia makes from sales of GPUs to us plebs? I'm thinking it's not much. So much so that I wonder if they will leave the retail market all together one day and focus on HPC and the like.

Do we know how much nvidia makes from sales of GPUs to us plebs? I'm thinking it's not much. So much so that I wonder if they will leave the retail market all together one day and focus on HPC and the like.

Even if HPC will takeover Gaming revenue stream, Nvidia won't leave it since it will still represent a significant chunk of revenue as Shintai have mention.

Yep, Nvidia earns more on gaming than AMD does on CPUs+GPUs+Consoles and whatever else they have as an entire company.

So is there a video clip of where he says the gaming Volta GPU will be out by the end of 2017 or is that just speculation? How much?

Doubt Volta will be out before the end of the year. But if it's a good bump over my 1080 Ti, it'd be hard for me to say no to one...

Edit: Yeah, 2018 is for consumer parts:

NVIDIA has stated that the NVIDIA Volta GV100 GPU based Tesla V100 will start shipping in 2017. We are looking at availability in 2H 2017 so we can expect consumer variants well and ready for launch in early 2018.

That's exactly how P100 was. April 5 announce. GTX 1080 was announced on May 6 and cards out May 27th.

I dont think GV104 will be out that fast tho.

Some info, wonder how much they will cut it down for the consumer version.

yeah end of year sounds likely though, if they are able to make 816mm die sizes in volume in risk production, their other smaller gaming GPU's should be no issue.

well also remove some of the scheduling, register amounts, and things that are associated with HPC and DL market needs too. So I am thinking the consumer versions will come under 600 mm2

well also remove some of the scheduling, register amounts, and things that are associated with HPC and DL market needs too. So I am thinking the consumer versions will come under 600 mm2

That's possible. But even using Pascal as a measurement gives a rough idea. GP100 is 1/3rd bigger than GP102 etc.

So GV100=815mm2, GV102 around 600 and GV104 around 400.

Fucking hell.
Consumer Volta may actually be out before the end of 2017.

What you mean like a few of us have been giving very logical reasons for that to happen? :)
Albeit possibly just 1 GPU to replace the GTX1080, they could delays the replacement for 1070 till next year or release it 3-4 weeks after the GV104.
Cheers

I couldn't catch it live, did they mention a timeline for consumer cards ?

yeah, Vega is coming, Vega is coming. Is not V for victory?

Back