• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Voice Modem

Cracker

n00b
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
26
I'm looking for any decent voice modem expansion card for my Dell D620 laptop and I'm having trouble finding one. I want to use it (in combination with software) to replace my work telephone. Can anyone help me?
 
I don't know much about current voice-modem offereings, but you definitely wouldn't want to use a Skype-ish VOIP service?
 
Sorry, but I wasn't very detailed.

My company uses Packet8 VoIP service. We all have office extensions, voicemail, etc. To connect to Packet8's network, we use a Packet8 BPA410 Adapter, which looks like a little modem. You connect it to the LAN and connect a telephone and you're good to go. I want to be able to run a telephone wire from the Adapter to a laptop voice modem, bypassing the need for a telephone. That way I could connect to the Packet8 network and keep my extensions, voicemail, etc, using a free software telephone that interfaces with the voice modem. Packet8 offers a software phone that lets you connect directly to their network without the use of hardware, much like Skype and others, but that's an additional monthly charge that my company won't pay for. So in the end I'd like to just keep using the hardware I have, and use my laptop like a telephone to interface with it... and that requires a voice modem.
 
Back
Top