VJ's Poll

Um....
Screw VJ...in the butt...with a baseball bat dipped in super glue and broken glass.
...connected to a jackhammer.

VJ is a lying self-absorbed scumbag.
I fold for the [H] team, VJ is trash.

I don't understand.

I went to the page... I saw the options in the poll... but I don't know what is being discussed.

Can someone give a "stats whore" like me a simple version?

Thanks.

^ I second Pocatello's inquiry, what is this poll specifically about?

The official user and team stats pages at stanford here:

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Stats

The poll is whether or not to keep them. The reason given is the extra time they all take to produce each update. Without them, stats updates would be a lot quicker. The only thing that we'd really be losing is CPU count (which many say is not correct anyway) and certificates from what I can tell.

Why is relic so mad?!?!

Should I be mad? I can be mad.... give me a reason! :mad:

So, what does everyone think is the best choice in the poll? As for myself, I'm not sure. I do use their stats fairly often, but there are other stats pages available as everyone knows. If the other stats pages get updated more frequently, it might be worth abandoning Stanford's pages, just a thought.

I'm not mad Kendrak.
VJ is a lying, worthless scumbag.
Sorry: VJ is a BALL-LESS lying, worthless scumbag.

I'm not mad Kendrak.
VJ is a lying, worthless scumbag.
Sorry: VJ is a BALL-LESS lying, worthless scumbag.
Could you fill us new guys in. I missed something, and it must have been big for what you are saying.

Could you fill us new guys in. I missed something, and it must have been big for what you are saying.

Just say it has to do with problems that have roots from long ago and continue today and leave it at that.

and relic is already irritable because someone messed with his boxen, although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious about what the whole story is.

Um....
Screw VJ...in the butt...with a baseball bat dipped in super glue and broken glass.
...connected to a jackhammer.
at 200 PSI and the valve on the compressor stuck wide open and with a full tank of gas. :eek:

I think the PS3 project has overwhelmed them. Too much growth, too quickly.

I think the PS3 project has overwhelmed them. Too much growth, too quickly.

They should have known already. When you have a client which is much easier to setup than ever and is rock stable, expect a lot of participation ;)

I still don't understant what changes are being discussed.

How will this effect me if I get my stats from HardFolding or EOC?

I still don't understant what changes are being discussed.

How will this effect me if I get my stats from HardFolding or EOC?

Actually, it's the sub-stats page where you check how much of WU X you crunched (like how much 2653 you did). Currently, this is updated at the same time as the rest of the stats but it's taking a toll on the processing power and the poll is to see if people doesn't mind removing this, get changed or keep as is.

If you don't care about that, then just vote ;)

Hell update that list once a week for all I care!

Thanks Xilikon for the clarification. Finally know how to vote on this poll.

Hell update that list once a week for all I care!

Personally, I would think this would probably be the best option. Many people don't check it all the time while others do find great use in it. If the normal stats can be completed quicker by putting this off to a once a day or once a week deal, I would love it.

I'm still not sure if getting rid of this would kill the certificates. I would hate for that to happen because I do save the certificates of major milestones I make. It's just something interesting for the packrat in me and it's interesting to look at to see how much time it took me to get to one milestone to the next. In each case, I hope that the time between milestones decreases. This gives me a sense that I'm moving in the right direction in regards to the numbers, power and configurations of my machines.

Maybe the better question is do they need a quad box to run the stats on? If so I'd be willing to put one together and send it their way... its so nickle and dime ish that this is even an issue! :)

Personally, I would think this would probably be the best option. Many people don't check it all the time while others do find great use in it. If the normal stats can be completed quicker by putting this off to a once a day or once a week deal, I would love it.

I'm still not sure if getting rid of this would kill the certificates. I would hate for that to happen because I do save the certificates of major milestones I make. It's just something interesting for the packrat in me and it's interesting to look at to see how much time it took me to get to one milestone to the next. In each case, I hope that the time between milestones decreases. This gives me a sense that I'm moving in the right direction in regards to the numbers, power and configurations of my machines.

The certificates are the only thing I'm interested in keeping. But I wouldn't loose too much sleep over that. As far as milestones go, kaoko stats or whatever its called does have a list of major ones on your individual stats page.

Back