VIVO Question

Alex41290

[H]ard|Gawd
The simplest question about VIVO possible:

How do I get it to work?

I have the cables, etc., can hook it up, but what do I need to view it? What software or anything else?

Thanks, (sorry for the noob question)

Alex

P.S. - Googled it, and found nothing, in case anyone is wonder. I didn't search very thoroughly though.

just make sure you install the VIVO drivers for your card..

if its a Nvidia get the WDM drivers from their site (they have a version with or without TV Tuner)..

after that you are ready to go..

if you just want to test it any video capture program will work (i would assume the movie maker from WinXP might have a capture option). If not there is a free program called VirtualDub..

to do VO just hook it up to the TV with the VidOut(S-video or Comp) and just go into the Nview display options.. if it doesn't detect the TV use the force TV detection (reboot required)..

that is about it..

keep in mind.. if you are capturing the Nvidia devices seem to be rated at 15Fps.. anything over and you get massive dropped frames..

I can capture at 30fps with a Ti4200 VIVO with no problems. I can capture at 59.97fps, but my hard drive speed is limiting me there...

Out of curiousity, what Nvidia card limits you to 15fps?

both of my MSI (Ti4400 and FX5900NU) wouldn't capture over 15Fps without massive dropped frames..

they would capture at higher framerate but the dropped frames was unacceptable for anything (something on the order of 10% Dropped frames)..

at 15Fps the dropped frames went to 0.001% (usually 1 dropped frame every 1000frames)

Back