Vive Overhead Cable Management

bluesynk

Limp Gawd
Picked up My Vive today. Waiting on the mail on a Ti. So I set up my over head cable system. Works great but it does eventually tangle. covers the whole 14' x 10' . Keeps cable behind you at all times, never hits your arms either. it is at 8' 8" high , it could have been lower but hides there for me. Still not for low ceilings.

Basically its a wire run with a tool balancer on a rod. In the end you dont need the tool balancer so much but it does help with adjustment. I could describe it all day but pics work better so here.

20170312_222918.jpg

runner pulley and latch
20170312_222934.jpg

balance arm
20170312_223014.jpg

retracting badge things to mount to head or belt
20170312_223253.jpg

Can you post a video of this in use? It looks way more elaborate than I'd have imagined being necessary, especially with the metal arm thing.

I'm digging this, though. My first problem with stand-up VR games is that my room is really too small to play them comfortably, but my second problem is fidgeting with the cable, which happens even in cockpit games like Elite Dangerous.

gonna have the kid help with video soon. the arm is the secret. otherwise you get a long angle you hit when you spin

What if you duck real fast? I like the overhead thought though as I had the same for mine, but just above my middle spot.
I also bought security camera mounts for the wall sensors.

You can go prone no problem. Tried to use my igpu for setup today. Didn't work out. I moved the trolley cable up and made it shorter. Works great now. You just pull the adjuster down for shorter people. It's completely hastle free grab it off the wall and put it on. I need to make a video its slick in action

I like the overhead thought though as I had the same for mine, but just above my middle spot.
Only having a middle trolley anytime you move off center the cable makes a triangle that your arms will hit if you turn around there. Good for a long narrow area. My area is pretty wide so i needed the arm thing

First though at the sight of this: your gf must be mega petite to not rip that thing off your ceiling

Back