Vive 2 is dropping soon, Where the H is Oculus 2 or whatever?

Discussion in 'VR & Head-Mounted Displays' started by tangoseal, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Dayaks

Dayaks [H]ardness Supreme

That seems pretty spot on from what I heard. I had a choice between spending a bunch on the delux audio strap and face pads, ect since I didn't have any of that or getting the Pro. I think I mentioned this before but it feels equivilant to buying a Titan. You know 6-12 months later something cheaper and better will come out but you should be in the same ballpark.

Supercharged_Z06 likes this.
  2. Supercharged_Z06

Supercharged_Z06 2[H]4U

Definitely the VR version 1.5 experience. If you have a Vive and haven't upgraded to the deluxe audio strap, better cable, better HMD face pad, then yes, I can see the draw... but only if you have the $ to burn. For me at least, I'll hold out for the true next gen product - either from Oculus or HTC. I have both the gen 1 VR products + all extras save for TP Cast, and am still happy with performance and the overall VR experience. While I could afford it, the slight resolution bump just isn't enough of a draw for me yet.

3. noid370

noid370 n00b

Nice! Did not know a Vive 2 was coming out. Im going to wait. I was just about to buy the Vive.

4. Decibel

Decibel 2[H]4U

That is incorrect. There is no Vive 2, but there is the Vive Pro. Which is $800 without controllers or tracking stations, so like $1200 to get everything you need. Slightly higher resolution, most of the reviews have been decidedly "meh."

If you have a solid gaming PC, your best bet is still the original HTC Vive ($500) or Oculus Rift ($400).

IRSmurf and Supercharged_Z06 like this.