Visual c++ 6 __missing_type__

jiminator

[H]F Junkie
Anybody know how to fix the errors below? I last used VC++ in 95, which unfortunately makes me the expert in my group.... :(
Original project machine is gone. I think I have recreated the directory structure. I am hoping this is one of those stupid but obvious errors which anyone familiar with vc can fix....

thanks!

Compiling...
StdAfx.cpp
C:\Source\Proj\stdafx.h(46) : error C2772: #import referenced a type from a missing type library; '__missing_type__' used as a placeholder
c:\source\Proj\release\mssoap30.tlh(195) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'Dom'
c:\source\Proj\release\mssoap30.tlh(195) : error C2501: '__missing_type__' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\source\Proj\release\mssoap30.tlh(195) : error C2501: 'Dom' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\source\Proj\release\mssoap30.tlh(197) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'Envelope'
c:\source\Proj\release\mssoap30.tlh(197) : error C2501: '__missing_type__' : missing storage-class or type specifiers

******missing type refers to references below*************
struct __declspec(uuid("b21f31ca-0f45-4046-a231-cfb386e9e45f"))
ISoapReader : IDispatch
{
//
// Property data
//

__declspec(property(get=GetDom))
__missing_type__ Dom;
__declspec(property(get=GetEnvelope))
__missing_type__ Envelope;
__declspec(property(get=GetBody))
__missing_type__ Body;

Looks like you have the directory structure off a bit. The first compiler error you're getting there is that it can't find the header file/etc. with its #import and is substituting "__missing_type__" as a placeholder, which of course results in those other errors. Good luck!

Thanks man. I copied over everything to a couple of places,. Anyway I only need to modify one file, hopefully I can get by with linking in the new obj file... :)

posting the solution here, because I hate google searches where someone asks a question then later posts "NVM, found the answer".

I found that although the files included msxml4.dll & mssoap30.dll the first one was not registering. Downloading the msxml4 SDK from microsoft solved the issue.

Back